Dancing winds

(Sans Perspective)

~~~~~~~~~~

"Sans!" They call out to me, tears streaming down their face effortlessly. Yet not a drop of sadness was written in those red eyes. Only kindness and determination. They frown angirly, brows creased into a serious furrow. 

"Go! I don't want anything bad to happen to you this time!" 

The ground shook and flowers began to bloom, red fire setting the walls aflame without setting anything else into sparks of ash. An aray of lights shone brightly behind their small figure, ripped clothes wavering in the dancing winds and hair whipping out of their lashes. A constellation of petals scatter around us as the magic swarms our beings. 

I yell, reaching out for em, the lights closing in on their soul. So bright. Heart racing. Soul wrenching. Desperate. Dire in need of keeping them there. Everyone would be devastated. I don't think any of us can take it. I can't lose another friend. Not again. 

"Kid!! Take my hand! Ya can't-!!!" 

They laugh. It still makes me sick.

"Hey Sans?" 

They hold their arms out in front of them, an unfamiliar look of solemn on their face. 

"##### ##### ### ##### #### ##?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~

(Third perspective)

Sans jolts awake. His breathes come heavy, one good eye flaming and sweat drenching his sweater. He scans the dinning room he had passed out in, surveying for someone. Files and blueprints laid uncompleted before him, a puddle of drool on the table and his long coat draping over his chair behind him. He clutches onto his chest, nonexistent heart racing blood into his imaginary veins and sending him down the hall into her room. He slams the door open, making sure they were still there. 

Thank Asgore, they were. 

The bedroom was dark, only lit by the lights of the television and of the yellow light emitting from the hallway. Frisk, Chara and Asriel were all cuddled up on the floor, sleeping soundly in a bundle of numerous blankets in front of one of the twin beds. The tv was still on, a three player screen of some combat game still left with their screen paused. Popcorn and controllers had sprawled themselves everywhere, cords entangling themselves around the three like vines and popcorn crunching beneath them every time they had moved or changed positions. 

Asriel's chin was resting on top of Frisk's brown hair, he held her in his lap while snoring loud enough to sound like a machine gun. Meanwhile, Chara was resting his head in her la, one foot hanging over the bed and the other strung out on the floor. His hair was out of it's usual pony tail and straggly, sticking out in all directions and mouth ajar, snoring in unison with his dope brother. 

Sans sighs in relief. "Good to know your still here kid." He mumbles with a casual smirk before turning to exit the room. A soft, scratched up voice whispers from behind the door just as Sans had begun to close it, catching him off guard. 

"What are you doing up at this hour?" 

Sans peers over his shoulder. A set of red eyes veening his way, narrowed and sparkling. He clenches his free hand into a fist, his other holding onto the door knob tightly. The voice lets out a strained yawn, coughing afterwards and speaking a little quieter so as to not disturb it's siblings.

"Shouldn't you be home in bed, Sans?" 

The skeleton exhales deeply, a warm smile on his face. He looks down at his wrist, checking the time on his analogue watch. The second arm ticked away swiftly and hushly, hour and minute hand resting on two fifty-five.  He keeps his gaze on the time, not paying attention to the human slowly maneuvering their way around their siblings in hopes of not waking them. Sans lets out a quiet chuckle, shrugging.