The fallen child(Frisk's perspective)

(Frisks perspective)

I woke up in a soft bed, warm comforters over me. Everything was so fuzzy, I couldn't remember anything from before... Just taking someone's hand and pointing up at the sky. It was so pretty, and the light started to light up the flowers around me. So nice... Then I remembered.

"Get dunked on!"

I finally found them. I really wasn't crazy like everyone had told me. I really did meet a monster. Tears filled my eyes. And he remembered me!... I was so happy. I was happy that I had someone to call my friend. Or if not that, someone who didn't treat me like utter shit. Then I remembered being around at least five monsters after waking up for a few seconds. Then I was set down on this bed later, tucked in and I fell asleep again.

I was eager to get up and meet everyone. I wanted to get to know the monsters who had given some place to recharge and most importantly I wanted to thank Mr. Skeleton for finding me again like he had all those years ago. Then I remembered what he said.

He said that he hadn't heard "Mr.Skeleton" in while. So.. Is that not his name? Pfft! Of course that isn't his name! His last name, maybe, but not his real name. Maybe I should ask that when I see him again, and tell him thank you of course.

Forgetting to look around the room, I leaped out of bed and flung the door open. I was in a..house? Of sorts?... Well, duh, it was definitely a house. But it was sort of..dull. Everything was either grey, white, or back to be honest. Then I turned to the left and saw a bouquet of golden flowers. Like the ones in the Ruins. I have always loved those flowers... I stepped over to them and lightly held one to my face. It smelled sweet and it's petals felt really soft. I guess I'm just lucky that they broke my fall. That could be the reason I love them so much. Or, 'cause I just love the flowers.

All of a sudden, the most amazing aroma of smells filled my lungs, making damn sure my stomach was ready to dig into my backbone. As if I wasn't hungry enough. I was famished, actually.

To my right was the extended hallway, leading into the rest of the house. Ready to explore the rest of the humble home, I ventured off nervously down the hallway. Unconsciously, I started hugging myself tightly. The only monster I had ever been close to was Mr.Skeleton, so I had no idea how to act around other monsters. Even with him, I can't help but feel a bit.. uncomfortable?..Awkward maybe..? I don't know, but I definitely felt different after being with him earlier than I had when I was little.

All of a sudden, I find myself standing in a quaint dining room. A fireplace is coming from the wall, lit up and glowing brightly. A large armchair is resting beside the flames, just close enough to feel it's warmth. Just across from it, there was a wooden table with tea sitting at four of the chairs, ready to be drank while a another bouquet of golden flowers sat as a centerpiece. The smell I had noticed earlier was now stronger, and looked to be coming from the small kitchen in a room just alongside the fireplace. I dared step in there though... Just as thoughts of walking back to the safety of the bedroom had came to mind, a tall, graceful goat monster stepped happily out of the kitchen humming to herself. And there it was... It was a...hunken ass peice of fucking heaven...with a dollop of whipped cream slowly melting its way around the golden brown pies surface. Steaming away in it's delicious looking perfection, it was sat down on the table, just ready to be dug into. I took in another big sniff of the aromas...And my stomach growled like a wild bear. I blushed out of embarrassment. The goat women's ears twitched a bit on her shoulders, and she looked up at me.

I felt the sudden urge to apologize for..some reason..?

"I-i'm sorry...I woke up and I smelt the pie and..uh.."

She smiled at me generously, violet eyes seeming to sparkle in the light of the room. She laughed, saying in a motherly voice,

"Do not apologize if you have done nothing wrong, child!" My eyes widened a bit. I was sure she'd be furious with me. But why? She turned her body towards me and stepped forward a bit.

"I don't believe we have been introduced, I am Queen Toriel. But please, call me Toriel if you like!" That's when I noticed the crown on her head, just between her two horns and above her droopy goat, yet almost dog like, ears. Wait.... I'm not only talking to a monster.. I'm talking THE Queen of monsters?! How did this happen?!

"Would you like something to eat, sweet child?" she gestured to the table. Without even hesitating, I nodded my head and dashed over to her. Which was probably rude of me now that I think about it... Toriel pulled a chair out for me and hurried to the kitchen, coming back with a pie cutter, fork and a white plate. She set plate down and cut out a slice of the pie, adding another dollop of whipped cream smack dab in the center of it for me. My mouth began to water as I stared at the plate.

"Help yourself, dear!" Toriel chirped. She had this motherly vibe about her...Something that made me feel more comfortable and safe. Something I have only ever felt one other time. Or, a few other times now... I ignored my emotions and took a bite of the pie. Holly shit... It was...

"Sooo good!!!" I said between bites, in not even a minute, the slice had been devoured. I cried a little in the midst of eating it, it had been so long since I had a slice of pie, since I'd eaten all together actually. I could feel Toriel's eyes stare through me as I finished my last few bites. Once I had, I looked up at her, nearly in tears.

"T-...Thank you..!" I said nervously. Shit, I screwed up..She probably thinks i'm unlady like and..I noticed a small smile on her face, and my thoughts stopped completely.

"You haven't eaten, have you, dear one?"

I froze.

"She wipes her eyes and cuts out another piece for me, taking a seat and looking at me careingly. I stared down at the plate before me. On the verge of tears.

"Do not hesitate when you need something, if I can do anything to make your stay more comfortable, then I will do it. Please believe me, and.."

Toriel wiped a tear away from my cheek.

"Don't to smile, and dig in!" she laughed. I sniffled and got rid of the tears, digging into the pie once more.

I wonder why I hadn't met her before...