Chapter 13: Unanswered Questions

Chapter 13 Unanswered Questions

I shuddered at Delano’s touch; taking it for pleasure Delano pressed his lips to mine. My reflex was to melt into his hold, but I turned my head away in disgust. I glared at him.

“So I want some answers, and I want them now,” I demanded taking a step back, whilst still giving Delano the death glare. He had on an amused expression.

“What am I in relevant to The Key.” I started, but was cut off by Delano’s laughter. He gave me a look that said, do you actually think I would tell you? I scowled in disgust at him. He thought this was funny? Well I would show him. Delano leaned in and tried to kiss me again. I smiled and leaned closer too, but before his lips could touch mine, I gathered saliva in my mouth and spat it out onto his face. I watched as his face turn from a cheerful smile into a demonic glower all in one second. All traces of “friendliness” was gone. He wiped my spit off his face and grabbed my arms tightly, making me wince.

“You shouldn’t have done that,” he said monotonously. He began to drag me towards the car. Despite my efforts to escape from him, his iron grip never loosened. As his car loomed into view, I began to grow desperate. Deciding to throw all my efforts in a last ditch attempt, I pretended to go limp in his arms. Almost instantly, his grip lessened on me as he believed that I had given up. I inconspicuously groped around in my back pocket for anything that could be a weapon. And then, I felt the ridged side of my keys. Taking them out in one hand, I stabbed Delano’s hands as hard as I could, earning a pained groan from him. I broke out from his hold and dashed across the parking lot. Screaming at the top of my lungs, hoping for someone, anyone to come and rescue me.I heard the thudding of his feet against the pavement. Just as I reached the curb, hands shot out and grasped me and pulled me backwards. I gasped from the shock of the impact as I crashed into Delano’s chest.

“Never try something like that again,” he hissed threateningly as he once again began to pull me back into the parking lot. This time, I knew it would be hopeless to escape. He wouldn’t be making the same mistake twice.

As he threw me into his car, I hit my head against something hard. I could swear that I heard something crack as pain shot through my body. Everything went black.
***
I opened my eyes and my heart nearly stopped beating. Delano was asleep beside me. One arm under his head, and one arm draped across my waist. Scrambling away, I suddenly swayed in dizziness and tripped over a blanket. The next thing I knew, there was a loud crashing sound and I was suddenly on the ground. Delano’s head peeked out from the bed. A confused expression played on his face.

“Are you okay my princess?” Delano stood up and scooped me from the ground. I gaped at his sudden gentleness, but before I could think any further, Delano threw me onto the bed roughly. I gasped in pain as I hit the bed frame. Stars appeared before me and I was momentarily stunned. Before I knew it, Delano was on top of me, pinning me down. He looked down at me with a smirk and lowered his head down to my side. I gasped as he nibbled at my ear, almost mocking me with his gentleness.

“Don’t forget that you’re mine,” he whispered.

I squeezed my eyes shut and braced myself for the worst. To my surprise, I suddenly felt his weight lift from my body as he pushed himself up and slid off the bed. The door clicked shut and I knew that I was finally alone in the room. After waiting for about fifteen minutes, I decided to test the door. It was locked, as expected. I checked to see if my phone was working. To my complete and utter lack of surprise, there was no signal. Looking around, I tried to see if there were any other ways to escape.

Had the room not been so decorated with luxury, it would have been easy to see that it was just like a cell. The windows were barred and the room was dimly lit. I sank back down on the bed. I felt exhausted.