Chapter 2: A Very Real Fantasy

I walked through the endless hallway, lockers were being banged shut everywhere. The floor was polished and reflected the outside light.  I said hi to the people I hung out with, but stayed unusually silent after that. I couldn’t believe my luck, eight subjects with my most hated enemy. Even the unluckiest person in the world couldn't have ended up in my situation. I didn't know why I was reacting like this, I had a lot of people I disliked, but I was usually really calm and coolheaded about these things.

“Hey girl, whatsup?”

I turned around at the sound of my bestfriend’s voice, breaking through my thoughts. I was for the most part in desperate need of my friend. Never had I been so glad to see her ponytail and trade-mark warm smile.

“This day sucks! I can’t believe I made it to lunch” I exclaimed loud enough for everyone at the lunch table to turn their heads. I was getting pretty wound up again. I frowned.  

I was quite surprised that Aaron had left me alone all morning, probably noticing my foul mood and wanted to keep the distance. But I was a bit hurt at the lack of attention. He had been flirting with some younger freshmen girls this morning. I wonder what he was up to this time. Thea looked over, concern lining her eyes.

“Oh honey, it couldn’t be that bad.”

“First, I finally got to talk to the guy of my dreams, but then stupid Aaron had to come up and totally destroyed the mood. Second, I have every single subject with the guy. Save me!” I pleaded, willinging him to see my side. I knew Thea held no bad feelings toward Aaron.

Thea looked at me with an amused expression, giving me the impression that she knew something I didn’t.

“Well maybe… Aaron was just jealous?”

“That's impossible!” I yelled, again people turned around to glance at me with a curious expression. I quickly lowered my voice. “Why in the world would he be? He’s nothing, but a know-it-all. God, he just really makes my blood boil.”

Thea disregarded me with a head shake.

“Can I sit here?” Said an all too familiar voice. An unwelcoming voice.

I froze. “What do you want?” I asked, too tired to hide my anger. My head was starting to pound.

“Why, to eat my lunch of course.” Aaron answered with what I knew had to be a grin.

Before I could say anything, Thea cut in. “Sure.”

Aaron smoothly slid into the cafeteria chairs putting his tray down. A meal that could feed a family of four seemed to be crammed on his tray. Over the years I had learned that he had a thing for cheese and ham. Especially grilled cheese ham sandwich, which the cafeteria was serving today. He began chomping down on a sandwich. My day was getting better and better, I thought to myself sarcastically. I glared at Thea for causing me this much trouble, but all I got in turn was an eye roll and a, “you’ll thank me later” smile.

"Don't overfeed yourself." I stated.

Wanting to get out of there as soon as I could, I began gobbling my salad like I hadn’t eaten for days. Probably unladylike of me, but who cares, the only person around was Thea, who had seen everything before, and the most annoying person on the planet. I stabbed my fork into a cherry tomato, just to have it escape from me.

“Seems like you lost something."

The voice that so often haunted my dreams made me stop in my track. Cringing I looked up into the mesmerizing blue eyes of Delano. His dazzling eyes shocking me into silence. At this distance, you could see the freckles that was scattered across his nose. On anyone else it would look disgusting, but Delano could make it work.

“I- uh…Hi” I had nothing to say, those gazes had locked me in, rendering me helpless to say anything that seemed intelligent.

“Cat got your tongue?” Aaron smirked for the umpteenth time today.

I inconspicuously stomped on his foot, and he howled in surprise. I looked away with accomplishment in my smile as I inched my foot away.

“So are you free tonight?”

I was startled, did my crush just ask me out? I looked up again, and was captured by his smile. His teeth blinding me with their whiteness.

“Uh…yeah.” I squeaked, unsure of what else to say. I could feel my face heating up by the second. For the first time, I felt trapped with Delano.

“I’ll pick you up at 7?”

“Sure…”

“Here’s my number.”

He handed me a slip of paper that contained all my dreams and fantasies and walked off.

“That guy is nothing but trouble!” Aaron snarled.

I glance around to him; this was a new side of him that I had never met before. His voice seemed to be laced with jealousy. Before I could say anything quirky, he got up, threw away the remainder of his lunch and slammed the door as he walked out. People turned to see what all the commotion was about.

“What was that all about?” I muttered to no one in particular.

Right then the bell rang, signalling us to get back to class. I quickly said bye to Thea. Nothing seemed to register as I walked to class; the piece of paper that Delano had given me seemed to be burning a hole in my pocket. I couldn’t believe how my luck had change, in less than four hours I had scored a date with the hottest guy on campus. Maybe I wasn’t all that unlucky. Maybe my luck was changing for the better.

“Watch where you’re going.” I heard a voice say seconds before I collided with the head cheerleader, Abigail Genove, one of the most popular girl in the school, her hair was so blond that it was blinding. Her body was adorned with designer products and a too sweet smelling perfume followed her. I looked around desperately, searching for an escape as the cheerleaders surrounded me, preparing for an interrogation. Great, just great.

“So I heard you’re going out tonight with Delano.” Abigail sneered.

“Ye-”

“You better watch it, Delano is mine, don’t cling onto him, he’s probably going out with you because of a dare or something.” She sneered.

I was really angry then. How could that bitch just come in and make me feel beneath her, I just couldn’t stand it. Without saying anything else, I picked up my books that had landed on the floor during the collision and stomped down the hall.  I must have shocked them, for I didn’t hear a peep as I made it down the hall.

I landed safely in class, just as the bell rang. I looked around the classroom, and the only available seat was right next to… Aaron.

 …

Thanks to HollywoodGurrl for making the banner at the side. Thanks for taking the time and effort to do it, I really really love it.--> (: