Prologue

Prologue

There are three rules that dictates an Angel Prince, and he must follow them in order to become the Angel King or face severe punishment:

Number 1: No marriage to a mortal.

Number 2: Leave the human realm immediately after your subject has passed the age of eighteen.

Number 3: Don't fall for your subjects.

Aaron had been warned of this all his life, yet he was now on the verge of breaking all three rules. He couldn't shake the feelings that were beginning to creep up on him as he watched a nine-year-old girl  run around her favourite place in the woods, a meadow with flowers of all different colours and a clear brook with gold fish. Little did she know that this was a direct connection between all three realms and only the people with the truest intentions and purest hearts could find their way here.

She circled the surrounding as gracefully as a bird. He had only nine more years with this girl, this girl who he couldn't help but fall in love with, who would have to grow up soon, something he desperately dreaded. She was a girl whose eyes always shone with determination, and nothing anyone said could deter her stubborness. He had to protect her. He MUST protect her. He knew that if anything were to happen to this girl, he would find no reason to live. There would be no reason to complete his task and become a king. If she didn't survive, he would be nothing.

Aaron suddenly felt the air change. Electricity hummed through it, making everything come to life.

"What do you want Delano? You know you're not supposed to be here." He said, without the need to turn around.

"Just you wait, I'll take her. And then she'll be mine." With that Delano disappeared, and everything settled back to the way it was. Seeming as if the encounter had never occured. Aaron was quite upset that Delano had ruined his good mood. The Demon Prince, always came in at the most unexpected and most unwanted times.

"You're going to try a lot harder than you think Delano. I swear on my life that I'll protect her until death's end."

...

Thank you to heartburningwithfire for the awesome banner (:!