Chapter 5: Who am I Falling in Love With?

Chapter 5 Who am I Falling in Love With:

Arms grabbed me by my waist and pulled me back. Aaron pushed me behind him. He was using his body as a protective barrier between me and Delano.

"What do you think you're doing?" Aaron glared.

"Nothing. I'm just taking a leisurely walk with my girl. Is something wrong with that?" Delano replied coolly.

I felt a warmth growing in my heart. He had called me his girl. His girl. It had always been my dream to be his girl.

"You're doing no such thing. You know it's against the rule to do this."

Wait what? This wasn't making any sense.

"The rule only stated that I can't take her." Delano snarled.

"Just leave!" Aaron commanded in a powerful voice. A voice that seemed to shake everything around us.

With that, Delano disappeared. I blinked, how did he just disappear? Magic? This was getting to confusing for me. My head began to pound again, reminding me of my earlier headache.

Aaron turned around to me with a stern face. His face softening as he met my eyes. He must have seen the fear and confusion that I was showing.

"Are you alright?"

"What the heck was that?"

"Well, he was going to take you. I just had to stop it. It would have been too dangerous, I wouldn't have been able to protect you." Aaron rambled on.

"Wait calm down, take me where? And what's dangerous?"

Aaron regarded me frantically.

"Uh nothing, don't worry about it."

"What?!? You can't just waltz in and ruin my date with Delano, and then don't explain what's happening to me."

"Me...I was just trying to protect you, and this is all the thanks I get?"

"Protect me from what?"

Aaron shut up then, and turned around and headed down the beach.

"FINE, DON'T TELL ME, BUT DON'T RUIN MY DATES AGAIN!"

I stomped off, back to my car. Well, so much for peace and quiet. Seriously why did he keep doing this to me? Hasn't it been enough that he's teased me for ten years straight, and now that I finally get a boyfriend, he's hounding me like an overprotective father? It just didn't make sense. Then again, my life wasn't making much sense these days.

I quickly drove home, barely keeping within the speed limit. My head swarming with questions. I slammed the door shut behind me as I sluggishly made my way into the kitchen. I was planning on making some tea to calm my erratic nerves. As the water boiled, I tried to piece together what had happened. I shook my head as I came up with a blank. Focus on school Jasmine, you're going to really fall behind if you don't step up on the competition. Stop thinking about unrealistic things.

I soaked the tea bag into my mug, and carried it upstairs. My room was a mess, my clothes were strewen all over the floor. I sighed, moving around as I collected the things. Once I deemed my space decent, I sat down and began the twenty page reading assignment for psychology. I didn't get far as I began to zone out. The next thing I knew, I was blinking my eyes to the bright light of my desk lamp. I lifted my head, I bit befuddled.

"Dinner!" My mother called harshly, breaking through my confusion. I begrudgingly got out of my chair, stomping down the stairs, waiting for the fight that would break lose over the dinner table.