Chapter 1: First Day Miracle?

Hey all, this is my first attempt at writing a story. Please give me feedback and I hope you enjoy!

Chapter 1: First Day Miracle?

I hit the snooze button on my alarm clock and turned to face the ceiling. My head was still full of my fantasies, fantasies a normal teenager girl shouldn’t be having. I slowly slipped out of bed, feeling slightly sluggish. Must be the pre-school jitters, I thought to myself.

I peeked out from behind my curtains. It was a nice day for Vancouver. The blue sky didn't hold any cotton candy clouds. The birds were flying together in a V-shape, coming in from the west. A black car was driving up the road, it was my bestfriend, Thea's. The sun glared off of the car, she must have just washed it. I hurriedly ran into the washroom and splashed my face off with water. I pulled on a hoodie with jeans, my typical tomboy wear. I ran a comb through my hair and and decided I was finally decent.

I stumbled down the stairs, tripping over my own feet, knowing that I was late as soon as I reached the bottom. I quickly yelled a goodbye over my shoulder to whoever was up, and grabbed a bagel from the counter, stuffing it in my mouth as I attempted to get my shoes on.

I slammed the car door shut. Maybe a tiny bit too loudly.

“What’s wrong now?” Thea asked. I looked at her. Her hair was in her regular ponytail, black with brown streaks. She wore a t-shirt with a bunny on it, and vintage blue jeans. In contrast, my hair was black, and I always wore it down. Compared to her, I looked like I was ready for winter.

I rubbed my eyes, “Nothing, my alarm clock interrupted my all too real dream.”

“You were dreaming about him again weren’t you?” Thea replied with a smirk

I sheepishly glanced at her. My bestfriend knew how to make me feel awkward.

“When are you ever going to learn to give up?”

I looked out the window silently. I knew that my bestfriend had the best intentions for me, but sometimes I just wished she would quit teasing me about my crush and start supporting me.

The various brick houses zoomed by, as I inspected them. The streets were filled with bustling people trying to make their way to work. We lived in a neighbourhood full of mansions, the roads were made of bricks and there was a fountain smack dab in the middle of the community. Both sides of the streets were planted with trees, the maple leaves were changing colours. Brilliant orange-red colours painted the sky. As we approached the school, I notice the many other cars that were cramming into the school parking lot.

We made a left, pulled into the school parking lot. I noticed a particular person getting out of his car. His blond hair seemed to shine in the sunlight. He was wearing a black form fitting sweater and jeans. He had gotten a tan over the summer. It made him look more desirable.

“Time to run!” I said excitedly.

Thea let out a sigh as I tried to make a graceful exit before the car was even fully parked. She knew why I was in such a hurry. She had caught a glimpse of him too.

I hurriedly made my way to the front of the school, towards where my guy — well not technically— was standing. The archway of the front door silently beckoned to me. I was determined to make him mine this year. Of course, I was aware of my competition, and the way I looked, lets just say, I wasn’t exactly the prettiest girl around. 

As I approached him, I slowed my footsteps. I smoothed down my hair and picked up any excess lint off my hoodie.

“Hey Delano! What’s your schedule like this year?” I said in a composed voice, as I tried to calm my racing heart.

He handed his schedule at me. I stared at the schedule, my heart beating wildly. We had almost every single subject together. I grabbed his schedule, ignoring the feel of his hand as I brushed it. My nerves tingled where our hands had touched.

“So it seems that we’ll be getting closer to each other this year.” Delano said in his seductive voice. A voice that could make every girl swoon.

“Yeah, seems so.” I replied as soon as I regained my composure. My cheeks blushed red as I finally noticed the proximity that Delano and I were standing at. Our arms would brush past each other if I were to slightly turn.

Suddenly, my enemy, Aaron decided to show up, ruining my oh so perfect moment with my guy. Don't get me wrong, Aaron wasn't bad looking, in fact his looks could rival Delano's, but his attitude was another question. He was in a grey hoodie, jeans and black converse shoes.

“Hey Delano, it’s about time to head to homeroom.”

“Oh yes, I guess so, don't want to hold you back. See you later Delano.” I said as I quickly turned towards Aaron. Giving him what I hoped to be a sinister look.

“So how’s my least favourite person doing?” He smirked, giving me the impression that he knew he had just disrupted my one on one time with my crush and was enjoying it.

I didn’t reply. I was annoyed at him, and it wasn’t even nine yet. He grabbed my schedule from my hands before I could protest. His smug look growing by the second as he took in my schedule.

“Well, I made an asterisk of every class we have together, I’ll see you around.”

I glared at him as he sauntered towards the door. How dare he just waltz in and destroy the mood between me and Delano and then invade my privacy. I would defeat him in academics this year for sure.

I glanced down to see how many courses I had to endure with this being that I hated with all my heart.

My heart froze. There was an asterisk beside every single subject.

...

 Special thanks to Nightmare101 for making the banner~~ (: