Chapter 3: A Dream or a Nightmare?

Aaron looked up at me, startled, as I slammed my binder down a bit too loudly. Many heads were turned in my direction, but the teacher was calling roll and hadn’t notice my big dramatic entrance. I sat down, and decided to doodle to pass the time.

“Jasmine? Jasmine Blakewood?” The voice broke through my thoughts and it took a moment before I realized who had called my name.

“Here!” I replied hastily. Snickers ran through the room. I quickly looked down again, pretending the task I was doing was really intriguing. To my dismay, my paper, with all the hearts and doodles were gone. I looked around abashed, beginning to wonder who had taken my embarrassing paper, when I notice it in the clutch of… that's right, Aaron. His hands were clasped around my paper, studying it with a careful eye. The paper was starting to crinkle at where Aaron was squeezing it a bit too hard. His eyes had become a hard brown. I looked at him carefully, wondering what was running through his mind.

“Nice doodling, they’re a real work of art.” He chuckled as he finally broke the silence. He took in my stick figures, hearts and trees that looked like lollipops.

“Give that back! Or else I’m going to chop your balls off.” I threatened in a low voice.

“Is something the matter Miss. Blakewood, Mr. Cartier. Care to share with us what you have there?”

“NO!” We replied in unison, looking at each other with a dismayed look.

“Very well. Then let this be a warning, put that thing away or the next time you will both get detention and a 500 word essay on decorum. Now where was I?”

Aaron silently handed back my drawing. For the first time ever, he was silent. Must be because he never got in trouble before, I thought. I looked at my drawing, feeling pretty pathetic, I had doodled “Delano+Jasmine” in a heart. I sighed, blowing my hair from my face. I couldn’t wait for the day to be over, so I could get home, and get ready for my date. AP economics never seemed to pass by so slow. I looked at the clock, it's hands mocking me, telling me that it wasn't in a hurry like I was. I pulled out my notebook and decided to take notes to keep me entertained.

When the bell finally rang, I got up with all the other twenty-five students, but before I could reach my bag, a hand grabbed my wrist. It was warm and gave me the feeling of security. It took all I had not to not to pull the owner closer to me. I stared down at the person who was keeping my wrist hostage. It was the one and only Aaron, however he looked different from usual. And I mean I just saw him at lunch about an hour ago. His eyes were mixed with concern. I was surprised. The normal annoying Aaron was replaced by this silent stranger? I blushed at my sudden realization of what I had thought about him earlier.

“What?” I demanded.

“Nothing, it’s just… Don’t go out with Delano!” He blurted out. My eyes widened than narrowed. Silence overtook the classroom, by now everyone had exited the classroom. It was so quiet that the teacher had forgotten that we were there. He was reading over documents, and we could hear the scritch, scratch of his pen as he took notes.

“What’s wrong with you? What I do in my spare time doesn’t have anything to do with you.” I yanked my wrists violently out of his hands, my heart beating at a weird tempo. The teacher looked up then, finally taking notice of our exsistent. Just as I said “Good day!”

I turned around on my heels and strolled out. My head raised and my binder was tucked confidently under my arms. My shoes squeaked as it made contact with the newly waxed floor. I turned into the science wing and made my way to the door.