-{nineteen}-

later that night.
10:36 P.M.

i was on the balcony of grace and i's room, sitting in the chair with my feet propped up on the other chair. i was listening to the sounds of the crashing waves as i was on my laptop, doing some college work, i had forgot about.

i was in joggers and a short sleeve baggy gray t-shirt. i had my glasses on and my hair was still up in the pony tail.

i heard a slight knock on the sliding door that made me flinch and looked up to see grace. i sat up straight with a grin as she came out. i moved my feet, so she could sit in the other chair.

"what's going on with you? you've been quiet and distant today." she said as she crossed her arms.

"i don't know. i just miss everything. my family, home, ross. i'm not the same and nothing else is to me." i told her honestly as i crossed my legs in my chair.

"i can tell and i can tell your really sad. and that ross isn't the same. i think your both sad and maybe for the same reason." she told me and i nodded along.

"the tour." i whispered as i sighed.

   another knock was at the sliding door and i jolted to see who got in our room. ross.

   grace stood up and he opened the door.

  "i'll leave you two alone." she said as she walked out and ross took her spot. she closed the door back and walked away.

"how'd you get in?" i asked with a smirk and closed my laptop.

"grace gave me a key at the beach, she said she knew she'd lose it." he said with a chuckle as i chuckled to nodding my head.

"she loses a lot of stuff." i told him.

it was quiet for a few moments and he decided to break the awkward silence.

"look, i'm really sorry. i can feel an awkwardness between us and we aren't the same from before i left. it's my fault, i'm really sorry. i want us back." he told me.

"it's not your fault, you followed your dream. don't beat yourself up for it, i'm sorry i haven't been the same. a lot has happened since you left and i'm just getting use to you being back. i want us back too." i told him with a shrug as i put my head in my hands stressfully.

"laur, please don't be sorry. it's not your fault, nothing is. this is kinda off topic, but you did amazing at the concert." he told me as i looked up at him. he was smiling at me.

"thank you. you did too, and the band. i loved the song you wrote that was about me, it meant a lot. i loved the austin and ally throwback, if only calum and raini were there." i said looking at him.

"yeah, that'd be nice. but we'll have another reunion soon. i loved the song i wrote for you as well, i will never give up on us." he told me with a smile and i smiled back.

"i'll never give up on us either." i told him as my eyes started to water.

"will you stay with me tonight?" i asked him after i wiped my face.

"i'd love to." he said with a smile. we got up and hugged. it felt so good to be in his arms.

"you have no idea how much i've missed you, laur." he said into my hair on the top of my head before he kissed it.

"i've missed you, unbelievably so much." i told him as he rubbed my back.

"i missed you the most."

_______________

the next morning: november 4th, 2018
                       9:17 A.M.

i rolled over as i yawned, immediately remembering ross was beside me asleep. well, he was holding me. i got back in the position, so maybe he wouldn't wake up. he sniffles as he dug his head into my neck, holding my waist tighter. i silently giggled at his actions and his stomach growling.

i felt him re-adjust again. he held me tighter and kept his head buried in my neck. he's got to be awake.

"morning, blondie." i whispered in my groggy morning voice as i reached over to get my glasses. i put them on and started to run my fingers through the hair on the back on ross's head.

    then, i heard something from him, i didn't expect to hear. a moan.

  "ross!" i giggled.

  "not my fault. when you do that and hold me, it turns me on." he said making me chuckle.

"but i've done this before though." i said as i laid my head against his.

  "i know." he said.

  "how are you this morning?" he asked as i felt him softly press his lips against my neck.

"i actually had a good night sleep and i'm feeling like myself. what about you?" i asked.

"that was the best damn sleep i've had in forever and am actually feeling like myself too." he told me making me giggle.

"me too." i said as he snuck one of his hands on my back around my stomach, under my shirt, rubbing my comforting circles against my skin.

*laura's phone dings*

i reach over and grab my phone. i turn it on to see rydel texted me. i laid my head back against ross's.

"ross, read this. it's to both of us, from your sister." i said clicking on the message.

"rydel?" he questioned.

rydel lynch💓:
ross and laura! for my
youtube video, this week,
could you film a video for me?
it'd just be you two, and it's
basically a best friend challenge!
text me back ASAP!
filming later tonight, or whenever
we get home! love you guys❤️❤️

i turned and looked at ross. he was still looking at the text and then turned to me.

"i'll do it if you want to." he told me as he kissed the side of my head.

"so you want me to tell her yes?" i asked confirming as i glanced at my phone.

"yeah." he said as he rubbed his eyes and stretched his arms.

laura marano💘:
hey rydel! ross and i are down
for it! just tell me when you
guy are heading back and i'll go back
with you guys if it's okay with your
parents. love you too.❤️

i pressed send as i threw the sheets off me to get up, looking to see ross going to the bathroom. i ran my hands through my hair as i opened my suitcase on the other bed to find an outfit.