-{four}-

later that same day..
                            6:53 P.M.

    i shuffled around in my ankle socks against the floors as i was nervously trying to get everything ready to perfect when raini came over.

   we haven't talked in forever and she knows when something's up. she always knows when i need her or a girl talk without even asking.

    i sat a platter of chocolate covered strawberries on the coffee table, licking the chocolate off my fingers.

    i looked around and everything looked right, it looked great.

    i flinched as the doorbell rang. she's here. i let in and out a deep breath before going to answer the door.

i opened the door to see my bestfriend with her dark curly hair half up half down, in leggings and a "chris stapleton" shirt. she always loved him.

"hi!" she said smiling as she went in for a hug and i accepted.

"oh, it's so so good to see you!!" i said taking in the hug. we let go and she closed the door behind her as we made our way over to the couch.

"so how've you been? what's the news?" she asked as she sat down beside me but facing me as i was facing her.

"i've been okay, i guess. stressed over some music but i got some writing done today so that's good." i said with a shrug grinning.

  "good. now, what about you and rockstar? i know something happened." she said with one of her eyebrows raised curiously.

  "my mom borrowed one of stormie's dishes awhile back so my mom made me take it back while everyone was busy. so i took, we did the usual 'how are you' and all that crap. so then, he asked if i wanted to go up to his room and actually talk about stuff. i was really iffy but just went with it. so we started talking and he asked about velvet. i just broke. i just started screaming and yelling at him. i didn't let him explain and i know i need too. but anyway, i just let all of my anger and things i've held back while he was gone. he was crying and i just left. so i went back to my house and cried for about an hour and a half." i told her explaining.

    "wow. well i think you did the right thing. it had to come out at some point. just think about it a few days and just when you're ready, talk it out with him. i know he understands. we were all mad at him when we left. especially calum, he blocked him on everything. but it's okay, laura." she said calmly. i nodded along at her words.

   "so how about you, girl? what have you been up too?" i asked smiling. she lightly blushed as she put a piece of her hair behind her hair.

  "well, not much. um i'm in a current relationship with, um you know him. ya know my friend from music camp, kyle? yeah, he asked me out about four months ago. we've been dating ever since the first date." she said smiling with a shrug.

   "go you!! i'm so happy for you! from the last time i saw and talked to him, he seemed like a great guy." i said smiling at her.

   "thank you. he is, he's a total sweetheart who's really cute." she said with a little giggle.

_____________

a couple days later. (friday, october 19)
6:24 P.M.

   "grace, where's my highlighter pallet?!" i yelled as i walked through the apartment to my our bathroom.

    i was currently getting ready for my gig tonight and i wasn't going all out but i wanted to look good.

     "it's in the second drawer in the middle row!" she yelled from the kitchen as i walked into our bathroom. i opened the second drawer in the cabinet and saw it. i grabbed it and finished doing my makeup.

    i pulled my phone out of my pocket and sat it on the counter of the sink as my spotify playlist continued to play.

________
7:17 P.M.

     i rushed in the small town cafe with grace following me as i looked for my manager, kellyanne.

    i saw her talking with a lady and a man in the corner. i went over to them and we all got aquatinted. they were a couple and owned the cafe.

   "we'll go ahead and get you set up." the man said as i followed him to set up. it was a few steps up behind a glass window that you could see out but i would face the crowd in the cafe, as i sat on the bar stool and played the keyboard.

    i sat my music on the stand on the keyboard in front of me as i put my phone in the back pocket of my ripped skinny blue jeans. for my top, i had on a black short sleeve crop top and a red cardigan. i had on tan wedge boots and all my piercings in as i had on makeup and my hair was down and wavy.

    the manager took a wireless microphone and got everyone's attention.

  "if i could have everybody's attention! we would like to welcome our guest for tonight, the very talented, laura marano!" he announced and walked off stage as the medium crowd cheered.

"hey everybody." i said into the mic as i started to play some chords.

"i guess i'll start off with some originals.." i trailed off as i started to play.

//AN: your welcome A&A fam :)//

"i've been wishin for somethin missin to fill this empty space. to show the person behind the curtain, so you'll understand, who i really am.
the me that you don't see is praying there's a chance you still believe. tell me that i'm worth it, i'll prove that i deserve it and i can be. the me that you don't see." i stopped as i played the bridge and i looked around in the crowd.

grace was on a couch sitting with stormie and rydel?! mark, ryland, rocky, riker and his girlfriend, ellington, ross?! ross saw me looking at me as i saw he was smiling and bopping his head. i smiled and quickly looked back to my music to finish the song.

_________
8:15 P.M.

i just finished and was walking down to grace. she stood up and gave me a great big hug.

"proud of you, laur." she said in my ear before we let go. i smiled at her and turned to the lynch family.

"hi!! what're you guys doing here?" i asked smiling as i went ahead and hugged stormie. then, to rydel.

"well, grace texted me that you had a gig tonight. so we thought we'd come out and show support." rydel said smiling as i moved along and gave mark a hug.

as soon as i let go and moved along to ell, i heard kellyanne calling my name. i turned to her voice and she was motioning me to come to her.

"look, they would like you back here next friday maybe with someone like i don't know, ross lynch!" she said softly between us as she handed me an envelope.

"that's not the best idea kellyanne. i may ask that jacob whitesides guy who lives two floors down from grace and i." i told her as i took the envelope.

"figure something out! and get back to me ASAP." she said and i nodded, going back to the lynch's.

"how about we take you out to dinner, laur? grace too!" mark said smiling as he pulled me into a side hug.

"sounds great." i said smiling as he let go.