-{nine}-

continuation...
2:44 P.M.

i walked down the sidewalk of downtown as the breeze flew with my hair. i had just got out of a meeting and was heading to a small cafe to get something to eat.

i turned the corner and opened the door to small town cafe 'downtown eats' and raised my sunglasses to the top of my head.

i walked to the register and ordered a chicken tender salad with fruit that was pieces of chicken tender cut up with different cut fruit in salad. i ordered an ice tea with it and sat down at a table for two.

i started to scroll through twitter on my phone when it vibrated with a notification showing up at the top of the screen.

mom💓:
hey honey. call me when
you get a chance but i have to
go out of time for the week for a
business trip to milwaukee. your
dad is also going on a trip for the
rest of the week to manhattan
for a convention. ness is with
constance going to vancouver for
filming. so your in charge of
piper for the week. love you.💜❤️

laura💗:
thanks mom. be safe. love you too.

i went back to eating and sat my phone down as i took a look around the small nice cafe.

__________
3:17 P.M.

"i'm home!" i yelled as i entered the apartment. i sat my purse down on, pulling my sunglasses off, and setting them by the table with my keys.
piper and toby came running to greet me and i bent down to pet them.

"hey guys!" i said as i pet them and they tried to give me kisses but i kept dodging them. i stood up and put my phone in my back pocket of my skinny blue jeans.

"ross?" i asked as i looked around as i shoved my hands in the front pockets.

i heard the keyboard playing and looked into the studio as i slowly walked.

he was dressed in jeans and a black hoodie as he was playing it.

i stood and leaned against the doorway as i watched him as i grinned.

"baby last night was hands down
one of the best nights, that i've had no doubt. between the bottle of wine, and the look in your eyes and the Marvin Gaye. then we danced in the dark under September stars in the pourin rain. and i know that i can't ever tell you enough. that all i need in this life is your crazy love. if i never get see the Northern Stars or if i never see the Eiffel Tower at night. oh if all i got is your hand in my hand, baby i could die a happy man, happy man, baby mmmm."

but he stopped but still beated his foot against the hard word floors.

"don't stop." i told him which made him jolt around to see me. i walked over to him as he turned back around and started to play again.

"baby and that red dress brings me to my knees. oh but that black dress, makes it's hard to breathe. you're a saint, you're a goddess, the cutest, the hottest a masterpiece. it's too good to be true, nothin better than you in my wildest dreams."

he sang and stopped again. i had laid my head on his shoulder as i sat down beside him on the bench.

"who was that about?" i asked as i sat up and looked at him.

"hmmmm." he said as he started playing a few keys, making me chuckle.

"you know ross, it's really hard to stay mad at you." i told him honestly.

"why do you say that?" he asked.

"because it's true. you've only been here for a few days now but now look where we are." i said and he shrugged as he stopped playing the piano.

"what's wrong?" i asked him knowing something was up.

"i'm sorry." he whispered as he turned to face me.

"ross, what're you-" i started but he interrupted me.

"i hurt you, laur. i can tell we both aren't ourselves. we've been doing romantic stuff even before i told you how i felt. it's not us, we did some romantic stuff, but not like that. i'm finally back home, to you. i want us to the same us before all this music came along." he told me truthfully as he intertwined our hands together, like he always did. i sadly looked to ours hands and then back to him.

"i know ross. i've felt that too. but it just doesn't feel the same. you were gone for almost two years. we both changed." i told him sadly.

"can we just go cuddle and go see if that makes things better?" he asked as he looked sadly sat our hands.

"your such a girl." i smirked at him. he looked up at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"that's bull." he said rolling his eyes that made me chuckle.

he stood up and jerked my hand gently a little signaling for me to stand up too.
so i did and he pulled me to him.

he wrapped his arms around my waist/torso as he started to slowly rub my back through my shirt up and down. i wrapped my hands around his torso and intertwined my own fingers as my head was against his chest. i felt his soft lips against the top of my head which made me grin, as he started to sway us.

    "i'm never gonna leave again, laur." ross told me.

   "good." i whispered back but knew he probably was or something would separate us.

_____________
7:29 P.M.

      i had just got out of the shower and was now in pj's which were a gray crop top and athletic shorts.

    i just finished blow drying my hair, put my glasses on, and now i was walking down the hall of the apartment to the living room.

    i walked in and picked up my phone off the counter as i started to book a nail appointment. but i noticed it was really quiet.

     i furrowed my eyebrows as i looked up from my phone and looked around for ross.

     i suddenly spotted him on the couch with his headphones on and on his laptop, probably watching something or editing something. i grinned as i continued to do what i was doing.

    then, felt two little paws on my freshly shaved legs. i smiled down to see piper looking at me with the look when she wants to go for a walk.

    i went over and put my white converse on as i picked up her leash and harness by the door.

________
8:43 P.M.

    ross followed piper, toby, and i back in the apartment as we had just come back from a walk downtown. i could tell ross was tired for some reason but still asked for him to go with me.

    we had a nice walk around the sidewalks and you know my appointment complex's doggy grass area for the dogs to their stuff. 

     i took my shoes off along with her leash and harness, setting them by the door. ross headed for the bedroom but stopped once i stood up and looked to him.

   "movie night?" he asked. i nodded with a little chuckle as i headed to the kitchen to make some popcorn.