-{two}-

later that night...
                      8:52 P.M.

i finished crying about an hour and a half ago and now i was doing my laundry from my backpack from the past week at grace's apartment that we kind of shared but it was mainly hers.

piper was occupying herself with a chew toy as she laid in her little bed in her crate in the family room as the TV in there was playing re-runs of "Grey's Anatomy".

my mom texted me awhile ago telling me she would be home around 10:30 and that my dad should be here at 10. vanessa was filming all day so who knows when she could be home.

my phone vibrated on the little table beside some baskets of towels and stuff.

Stormie Lynch💖:
thanks sweetie for bringing
my dish back! hope your
family can come over soon!
we love you!!😍

Laura Marano💕:
no problem. thank you for letting us use it.
you might need to
   talk to mom about that if you want
to have a get together soon lol.
love you too.

i sighed for like the millionth time already today as i sat my phone back down on the table. i hope that's believable for stormie, she can always tell if something is wrong even through text.

then, the doorbell at the front door rang. i put my phone in my back pocket as i furrowed my eyebrows as i walked down the hall to the door. piper started to bark.

i approached the door and calmed piper down.

i unlocked it and opened it slowly.

"rydel?" i asked confused.

"hey. you care if i come in? i would like to talk to you if that's alright." she said as she intertwined her own hands together.

"uh sure, come on in." i said widening the door. she came in and started to pet piper some.

"who's this?" rydel asked as she continued to pet her.

"that's piper, we got her about a month ago." i told her as i shut the door back and locked the main door.

"oh, what about velvet?" she asked turning around to me. i swallowed as i looked to piper and then to rydel as i put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"she passed away, about six months ago." i told her. she frowned.

"laura, i'm so sorry. i had no idea." she told me with a sympathetic look. i knew you didn't.

"it's fine. what did you want to talk about?" i asked as she took her combat boots off on the carpet and then came and joined me in the living room. i sat in the recliner as she sat in the other one that was between the couch.

"um. i know this won't make up for it. but i'm sorry. i am so so so so so very sorry, for everything. i knew we promised when we were little girls and had a tea parties in my bedroom that we would never leave each other. and i left, i broke the promise. i never knew ross would post that video on the internet and i never knew we would have a band, or get tours. we drifted apart and i hate it so much. i know you never got an explanation and that's so unfair. i tried to text and call you when i got a chance but the bus wouldn't have WiFi or my data would cut off and things were so hectic. i want to make it up to you, make everything up to you. i'm so sorry i wasn't here for so many things. your high school graduation or graduation party, first day of college, velvet passing away. you have no idea how much i missed you and how much i wanted to see you. but i couldn't. i love you laura and your still my very bestfriend. i'm gonna make everything up to you, i swear." she told me as she sat on the edge of the recliner seat. we were both in tears by the time she finished.