Chapter 22: Meanwhile

Akka's point of view.

i was sitting on the couch in a small living room area. wich was at the bottom of the buidling there where 3 levels at the bottom was a living room space, the door to the staircase wich lead you outside 3 other doors on the left and right side, there as also a kitchen on this floor. two stairs cases lead towards the next floor on which Aruri's father had his workshop and mask shop. once again there where 3 rooms on yhe left and right side. katsuo was in the middle one on the right and daichi was at the top floor in the middle one on the right. the tird floor had 3 normal rooms on the right and 3 bathrooms on the other side. the third floor wast mostly for storage. there where a few other ghouls that lived in this building most of them where adults or students. i hope they wouldn't get in the way of our 'sister break out plan' but i honestly doubted that we could even pull it off. i looked at makoto for a minute. i hesitated to tell him what i thought of the plan. i looked over at the TV.  there is no use in telling him anyways, i know how he is. i thought.

the tv chanel switched to the news chanle, i listened to the repport out of pure boredom. "The A ranked ghoul dubbed the lotus fox has been confirmed dead at a ccg raid yesterday. the ghoul had been colaborating with gass mask. our sources at the ccg have confirmed that four other ghouls have been collaborating with Cass mask.  The names of these ghouls have not been confirmed by the ccg yet. The where about of the ghouls are currently unknown.  In other news the current economical sta--" I looked over to arruri, torra was sitting next to her,  I  asked Arurri: "wich ward are we in right now? " "the fifteenth" she replied.  "Looks like the ccg won't find us here, I guess. "

I heard makoto and another person coming down stairs. I looked over at the stairs.  The other person was the half ghoul girl. It looked like Makoto was doing his best to ignore her. 
"Its your turn to check on the injured again, Arurri-san. " Makoto informed.
"I all guess I'll head home... " the half ghoul said.  "Tch,  you could at least thank us for helping you! " Arurri replied.  "Did it look like I needed your help? " she replied cynically. 
"Yes you did,  the ccg was still looking for us and they would have killed you for sure. " I replied.  She turned around and left the room,  she seemed to be at a loss of words.
"So much for a thank you for carrying me even after I beat you up,  huh? "

Don't  worry I'll follow her for a bit,  I wanted to go get us some  food anyways. " Makoto  suggested.
"No,  we can't be so careless anymore!" Torra shouted.
"Why no--"
"Because im sick and tired of seeing people die that's why! Don't forget that we lost someone  already and secondly Katsuo almost died fighting the ccg so we could escape!" Torra interupted. " I have to agree with Torra, daichi is in crytical condition both mentally and physically. we should be a lot more carefull." Arurri said. "but how will we get food then?" i asked. at that mmoment i felt a hand on my shoulder. i turned arround, it was Arurri's dad. "don't worry about that, i know a way how to get food without needing to hunt. " he replied. "Dad no, we cant do that thats wrong!" arurri replied. "And killing innocent civilains is not?" he joked. "that isnt funny dad..." Aruuri replied. "can some one tell me how you think you can get food without hunting? im kind off getting confused here. are we going to collect suicide victims or some thing?"makoto asked. "no, some thing far less risky: rejected donor organs, its easy for a surgion like me to get those."Arurri's dad replied. "that doesn't seem so unethical? why, do you thinkj its wrong Aruri? it doesnt seem half bad." i asked Arurri. "i don't want to talk about it!" she replied quickly. "aww come on dont give me that!" makoto replied. "This is exactly why we parted ways back then Makoto and you know what im talking about!"she shouted back. "OH DONT GET ME--" "come on Children theres no need to fight! besides it will scare away our newest customer!" Aruuri's dad interupted.

we all lookt at the door at the same time. a tall man stood in the door opening he had quite slender body proportions. you could see that he wasn't japanese at all. he wore a long black coat and had blonde hair. he also wore sun glasses. he was carrying a large black sports bagg wich had red stains on it. "what can i do for you sir?" Aruri's dad asked the man. "i heard you make masks?" he asked with an incredabilly american accent. I recognized it since my dad was American."yes i do." Arurri's dad replied while he guided the man to his workshop. their convosation slowly faded as they climbed the stairs.  we all looked really confused. "oh thats just another customer, happens all the time."Arurri explained. i nodded. "oh i almoost forgot i need to check on Katsuo and Daichi again, ill be right back." whats up with Daichi any ways, i mean i canibalised before and it never effected me that much. oh well i havent known him for such a long time, i was the last one before Katsuo to join our 'group'. i thought. i didn't realize I was thinking out loud and every one was looking at me. "In short, he did it to much." Makoto replied. "What do you mean? " Torra asked.  "He used to be part of a group called "Carnivorous" wich was a cannibal only group." Makoto replied.  "Used to?" I asked.  "Daichi told me they disbanded after some members started canibalising other members, that's all I know. Canibalising to much does something strange to ghouls. " Makoto replied.