chapter 20: Survived

Katsuo's point of view.

I opened my eyes. I was in that white room again. I was starting to realise that this was a recurring thing in my 'dreams'. I wondered if these even where dreams to begin with. The strange thing was that i was concious of dreaming this time. Sudennly a scenery was falling into place. Slowly each detail started apearing until i found myself floating above a street. It was raining. Every thing lookt like it was happening in slow motion.  I could see my own body lying on the floor motionless. Torra was sitting next to me with her kagune activated to protect me from incoming attacks. Makoto was standing infront batting away shards, But missing one. Daichi was laying with his back at a wall he was bleeding heavily and his legs lookt like they where broken. Aka was up in the air with his kagune activated it lookt like he was trying to smack his tail kagune into the attacker. I felt like i had seen the attacker before. She had bright greenish blue hair and wore some kind of hat. She was shooting kagune shards in all directions. The strange thing about her was that she only had one ghoul eye activated.

Suddenly every thing sped up. Aka landed a hit on the attacker but was sent flying backwards since tthe attacker kicked him. He crashed into a wall and was knocked unconscious.
I had to do something, but i was like, floating outside of my body powerless.
There was only one thing i could think about: I HAVE TO WAKE UP.

Suddenly everything disappeared. The room was once again empty and white. But i wasnt alone. A little more far away sat a figure. It sat currled up.
It shool heavily. I walked over too it. I gently tapped...her...shoulder. She leaped up before i could say anything to her. It was Yume. She opened her eyes. They where empty... Blood came streaming out. I leaped backwards in shock. "Yume... What happened...to you?"
Her voice sounded distorted like an old and broken recording. "Im yet another life you claimed..."
I was shaken by this statement. "N-no.. You never died... Right?" I sounded desperate.

Her head turned 360°. She opened her mouth and more blood came rushing down from there too.
Her voice sounded even more distorted. "Wake up!"
Sudenly the whole room bursted into shards and revealed a dark void.
I lookt around me and thought that i would fall. But i didn't, strangely. I lookt back at Yume. She now lookt totaly fine. "Youre at the edge between life and death--" i sudenly felt a great pain in my chest. I lookt at it. A shard stained in blood sticked out of it. "-- But i can't take you with me." A tear rolled from her eye. "Else i would have died in vain!" She made a painfull smile.

Every thing faded and sudenly i found my self being caried in some ones arms. I slowly opened my eyes. I lookt at the person who was holding me. It was some one who lookt vaguely familiar, she had bright green hair and and wore some kind of jacket. She noticed i woke up and warned the others. "I-i think i can stand on my own now." I suggested.
She didnt reply. She pointed at a large shard that was loosely implanted in my chest. "I don't think so buddy.."
Torra came rushing towards us. "Im so glad your okay! But... How could you go so far without the proper energy for it!? You could gave died! What where you even-" torra got interrupted by makoto who was holding Daichi, Daichi seemed really badly injured.  "Thats enough Torra, the guy just woke up. But that doesn't mean i don't agree with you. He put us all at risk. Not to mention Yume..."
I felt guilty for not being able to controll my emotions.  I realized we could have easily beaten the crap out of those ccg agrnts together. From now on, i wont let any one die for me again...

Akka chought up with us. He was holding the one eyed who attacked us.
I couldn't believe this. Out of all people. But i didn't have any strenght to talk about it yet.
The person holding me noticed me looking at the one eyed. "We just couldn't leave her to die out there, i hope you understand. The poor thing was probably only looking for food. Just like us." She told me. "But out off all the people why do i need to carry her, Arurri?!" Akka replied. "Sure thing man, but i know you have a reputation of carrying women , huh?" Arurri replied. Akka blushed. "Sure what ever.." He replied.  We took a short cut into some narrow streets to avoid standing out to much. We couldn't call an ambulance either, else we might as well turn ourselfs in right away. We walked for about ten minutes unti we arrived at door in a narrow and small alleyway. It was an iron door which was rusting away. Arruri put me down. I leaned against a wall. She unlocked the door. I could hear a man mumbling something inside. I started wondering why i actually trusted Arurri in the first place.