Chapter five: blue bird

Afther Touka left i put on my mask again. i realised my prey had gotten away. Guess it can't be that far away...
I jumped up a roof and started looking for my prey.
It didn't take long.
I found her running down another alley.I jumped down in front of her and activated my kagune again.
"Escaping isn't a possibility. You know ghouls are way faster then humans, right?" She fainted.
"How boring..."

Suddenly another figure jumped down and stabbed my prey with a blue kagune that kame from his shoulder and was simular to mine but instead of flat it was more like an actual tentacle, it curled around his arm and head a feather patern instead of scales. "Hey,Go look for your own prey, ya lazy!"
"You smell funny."he said. I couldn't think of a proper response.
"You actualy smell like some one i know!"he shouted. "Really? you dont seem familiar, now go look for your own food" He grabbed me and trew me against the wall. "I know you did some thing to him. Did you eat him, if so I will never forgive you! I swear ill kill you if you even laid a finger on Katsuo!" He shouted. "My name is Katsuo..."

"Your lying." he said as he ripped of my mask. His kagune dissolved.
"Wait, You're  a ghoul too!?"he asked suprised.  "Yes, and i have one question for you: who the hell are you and how do you know me?"
He took of his mask. A shock whent right trough me. I knew there was something off about him..
"Heh, no wonder your always so sleepy i class." He said jokingly. It was Makoto. Makoto was a ghoul. I should have known "Alright, because youre a friend i guess we can share the food?" He said. "S-sure."

"You two stop it right there!" A voice shouted. Two investigators came running at us with their weapons drawn. Oh god fucking damn it!
We quikly put on our masks again.
Makoto had a blue mask that lookt like a bird's head. I recognised it from the news report. We lookt at each other. "Allright lets do this!" We both said at the same time. We both activated our kagune. The two investigators had drawn their weapons too. I recognised one of the investigators as the man who asked me questions on my way to school.
He had a huge hammer like weapon.
The other was a female with a gun like weapon. "Alright ill take the shooter!"
"Sure, ill take the big guy, im up for a challenge!" Makoto replied.
We charged at them. My oponent started shooting. I reformed one of my kagune to defence style and put it in front of me while still charging at her. I kept speeding up until i was at my limit. I was close to her. I stetched out my arm and kagune. At that moment I nearly dodged one of the shards she shot at me. I still managed to stabbed her, luckily. She fell on her knees. Grabbing her chest and coughing up blood.
I grabbed her weapon and lookt closely at it. I realised it was made out of a kagune. "So the rumors are true? How disgusting." I threw the weapon away. I stabbed her once again in her stomach Making the final blow.  I saw Makoto disarmed his oponent too. He stabed stabed him in the chest and said some thing to him i couldn't hear. After that we ate and left. I made home. When I entered my room I let myself fall onto my bed and took of my mask. I let out a long and deep sigh. "Well, i guess this is a night to remember."