Chapter Thirteen: The Kitsune

i slowly removed my mask.  "its been a while." "y-yeah." Torra replied weakly. i crouched to and reached out my hand. "can you stand?" i asked. she didn't reply but took my hand in responce. i put her arm over my shoulder. "don't worry old friend ill get you somewhere safe." "i need to eat something first to be honest, Katsuo... i haven't eaten in days." she suggested. i looked at her and saw jsut how weak she looked. her eyes where only half open and she was covered in cuts and bruices. "its not safe here right now, if we do anything recless you might not make it." i replied. i also just wanted to avoid canibalism. ghouls taste like crap! "do you really think im that weak? don't you remember who helped you back then?" torra defended. "Torra, you can barely stand."i replied. "okay you have got a point there..."

"how did you even get in this situation in the first place? " i asked while we where making our way to Makoto's place. "i got expelled from school a few m-months ago over being sus-suspected to be a ghoul... i.... lived on the s-streets ever since just trying to stay... alive. i g-got excited when seeing y-you again so i started f-following you. a-and then... i ran into a group off other ghouls who thought i was i-intruding in their... 'territory'." she slowly explained. i felt bad for asking since she looked out of breath just by explaining it. "i don't know if my friend will agree to this but im taking you to his place, any where is safer then on the streets. ill pay you back for what you did for me back then." i replied. she smilled softly and closed her eyes.

we arivved at makoto's a 10 minutes later. Torra had already passed out by then. i was lucky it wasnt as bussy in the streets tonight. i slowly put her down beside a wall and unlocked the door with my spare key Makoto gave mei slowly and carefully picked her up again. her white clothes and mask where still dripping with blood.  i walked down the hall way. it was almoost moring by now and i heard voices coming out of the main room. i was about to put torra down again to open the door but ti heard some one aproaching. i heard makoto's voice muffled form behind the door. "ill go look for katsuo its been a little long since he got back. " he said as he opened the door. he looked like he saw a ghost. "katsuo , are you okay?! and who is that? is she okay!?" he asked in shock. "im fine, but she needs help right now! shes about to die!" i said as i handed her over into makoto's arms. he nodded. "Aka, get Daichi as fast as posible." he didn't finish his sentence and aka was already storming up the stairs. Yume just came out of the 'kitchen'. "Makoto whats-- oh my god! "she exclaimed as she rushed to help. she helped makoto carry Torra to the couch and lied her down carrefully. "im going back for a hunt, there is still time and Torra needs food she hasn't eaten in days!"i announced. makoto nodded. "well take care of her for now but you'll have some explaining to do when you get back. " he replied. "i think Daichi can explain a lot to you actually."i said as i left.