Chapter Eight: makoto's hideout

"Don't try to stop me! I won't run anymore!" I shouted at him. He pulled me back in to the alleyway way and forced me to sit down. "Dude, slow down. I saw the news and if you run back right now there is no way you're gonna come back alive!" Makoto  replied.  I stood up again I wasn't going to let him stop me. "I don't  care if I d--" Makoto slapped me in the face. 
"Well I do!" He shouted. I was out of words. "I know exactly how this feels and trust me. You don't want to go back there." Makoto explained. A moment of silence passed. The tears had stopped and I could think more clearly now. "He's probably dead by now..." i said with a broken voice.
"I know how it feels, you're not the only one who has lost close family you know." He replied. I realised just how selfish my suicide mission would have been. "I'm sorr-" "don't be, I would have done the same in your situation. You know what? You probably have no where to go...." Makoto took a deep breath. "So why don't you move I  with me for a while?"

"Y-yeah...sounds good." I said while I was a bit spaced out. I followed Makoto. We didn't talk on our way there. After a while we reached a big house that looked like it desperately needed some fresh paint. "Well here we are..."Makoto said as he awkwardly broke the silence. "I'm sorry I could not have come to save you when I saw the news. You're lucky I saw you jump down from that roof. " he continued. "It's...alright, okay? You where right. Going back was a suicide mission. And I would never be able to bear the weight of you dying on my as well. I don't usually make friends. I only had 3 friends my entire life and I'm sick and tired of people dying for me." I said.
"Heh, don't worry man. I won't die on you that easily!" Makoto replied as he opened the door.

"Hey Makoto! You came back alive?" A voice called out. "Do I look dead to you Aka?" Makoto joked as he stepped inside. Wait, does he still have family left? I thought while I secretly hoped so. I followed him. After I put my stuff down in the hallway opened the door.  Behind it was a large room wich had a table with six chairs . There where also 3 couches and a TV.  In one of them sat a guy about my age. He had black hair with red tips on the ends of it. He was wearing headphones , a beany and a black T-shirt. He looked at me and then at Makoto. "Hey man, who's this?" He asked. "This is Katsuo, he will be staying with us for a while."
Makoto replied. The guy stood up and walked towards us. "Let me guess? It's the guy from the news you tried to save?" He asked but before Makoto could reply he sticked out his hand. "Welcome to the club, heh heh. My name is Setho akatochi, but call me 'aka' for short. " he said whole shaking my hand. "Uhhh... hi?" I said awkwardly with a still broken voice.
"Oh of course. You must still be a bit traumatised from all that. I'm sorry..." Aka apologised. "It's fine" I replied.

At that moment a girl with Violet hair lied a hand on makoto's shoulder. And slapped him with the other. "You idiot! You could have died!"