Chapter Ten : Makoto's Sister.

"these? what does that mean? and why would Makoto's sister be in your dream? have you met her before? "the guys with glasses asked. i thought about it for a moment. and finnaly Makoto broke the silence: "do you know what this means? if she was in your dream she might still be alive! you must have seen her recently am i right?" he sounded hopefull. i didn't ask what 'alive' meant since i could already guess what it meant. "not that i remember really." i replied. '"Come on you have to! at least a little bit?" Makoto asked. i tried to dig into my memories. and thats when i remembered. "You're right i saw her on some papers a ccg agent was carrying with him when we got ambushed. although it was half covered in blood. wait i might still have it in my bag! i couldn't clean it out before my house got raided." Makoto ran out of the room immediatly.

he came back with my bag a few moments later and turned it upside down. every thing came falling out. first my mask and clothes and then my note book and some other random stuff. but the paper didn't. Makoto looked in the back. "Found it!" he reached in the bag with is hand and carefully pulled it off the bottom of it. the paper was dusty and completely red. Makoto's eyes widened. "i know where she is... im going to save her!" he said as he threw the paper on my bed and ran towards the door. but the guy sitting next to me grabbed him by his shirt.m "Makoto thats suicide." he said. I don't care if i die trying to get her out alive, Daichi!" Makoto shouted. "wouldn't you put her in the same pain as you have been this past year!? Daichi shouted back. Makoto didn't say a word and sat back down. i picked up the paper. most of the words where smudgy and illegible. But i could still make out a few words and see a photo of her:

'Blue bird investi---   --cument #011

subject: Ayako Ottome better kn--- a-  Red -----low

Ayako Ott--e is curr--tly held in --oul prisson cell #056  seeems to be biologically conected to Blue bird as dn- te-- sugges-ed. this con----- ----- ----- ------- --------- ------'

i stopped reading after that it since it was hard to make out any more words. "there is no way we could resque her Makoto. i know it hurts but its reality, where severly out numbered. " Daichi implied. "You have no idea what kind of pain i have been throug, Daichi. you ha--" i interupted Makoto: "But i do!"  "you too wouldn't understand." Makoto replied softly. "Makoto i loost my entire family to the ccg i think i have a prety good i--- " Daichi interupted me before i could finish: "then why don't you let Makoto explain what happened and who his sister was. " Makoto looked quite shocked.  Makoto remained silent at first but then started talking: "well if you really want to know you might want to sit in that bed a litle longer , this is gonna take a while."

"It all started at one night, the night the ccg came in. My mother woke me and my sister up in the middle of the night. She told us to pack all our stuff as quikly as posible. I remember that at that moment she got shot through the head. "Makoto went silent for a few minutes but then continued:"I was only eight years old back then but i managed to kill the ccg agent with my kagune out of confusion and fear. After that i told my sister to hide in a this room we are in right now. Then i quikly ran down stairs. I was scared but i went anyways. When i came down stairs my dad had already killed the other ccg agent. He tried every thing i could im sure of that. But it was to late. My mother was dead.  A few days after we arranged a funeral. My dad stayed with us for a long time . until he whent out hunting one night and never returned. i didn't see any report on the news but i assumed he was dead back then.
From that moment i needed to take care off my sister all alone. We lived together always helping each other.  A tear rolled down makotos face.
"Until she was taken a year ago."

A gloomy mood filled the room.
"Y-you didnt have to tell me if didn't want to." I appologised. "Its...its fine, i had to get this off my chest any way." Makoto replied. it was dead silent for about ten minutes but i broke it after that. "im sorry for your loss Makoto, and i understand, trust me. i survived my first CCG raid in a similar way." Makoto was about to reply as the door to this room opened. it was Aka. "Hey Daichi? aren't you going to be late for work?" he asked. Daichi looked at the time on the computer on the desk. "Oh shit! You're right!"Daich said as he stormed out of the room. i tried to get up from my bed once again. i felt a sting in my side but it wasnt as agonising anymore. "d- do you need any help?"Makoto asked. "no im fine."i lied. i started picking up my stuff from the ground and Aka started helping me as Makoto left the room. i could hear the TV in the distance:

"Death boar has been eliminated by the ccg, thus making the 20th ward safe once again. Also a rumour is spreading that gas mask was related to death boar and that he has escaped! If you have any tips about gas masks where abouts report as soon as posible! And now the weather. Hakuma are we getting any bright days soo-"

aka shut off the tv.

"im sorry, i should have turned it off. Makoto told me what happened." Aka appologised.
"Its okay, Aka." I replied as we resumed picking up the stuff.