Chapter Fifteen: Identified

i charged in to battel now that the man was distracted. i felt my back stinging as soon as i charged though. i groaned in pain. why is there always something getting in my way? i just want to get food in peace for once!  i stabed the man in his knee when i got close enough. the man fell on the ground but swung his kagune at me like a whip at the same time. i blocked it of with my kagune. i braced myself for the next attack but it never came the dragon masked ghoul had stabbed him right through his neck. i let out a long sigh."thanks Aka."  my back felt wet for some reason. i reached out to it to se why. "No problem dude, lets get out of here befo- Katsuo! are you alright! your entire back is bleeding!" i looked at my hand. it was covered in blood. shit... i could feel my conciousness fading. i fell onto my  knees, i almost fel with my face to the floor but everything whent to black before i reached the floor.

i opened my eyes again. i was lying on a bed. i saw a wooden ceiling. "Are you alright katsuo?" i turned my head to the direction the voice was comming from. my eyes widened. it was my uncle alive and well.

"y-yeah i guess..."i replied as i reached for my back. the wound wasn't there. something was very off about this. i didn't remember what happened recently but i knew something was not right. suddenly the door opened. and a man walked in. but he didn't have his head. i screamed. i knew who it was that was my dad. sudenly my mother stood infront of my she had a large hole in her stomach. i quickly looked away. i didn't want to see them that way. i looked at my uncle. his eyes where all black and a large portion of his chest was missing. suddenly they said something in unsion with the most dead emotionless voice i ever heared: "its your fault..." they repeated it over and over and over. i put my heands against my ears and pressed my eyes close as hard as i could. "GO AWAY! GO AWAY! GO A WAY!" i shouted.

i suddely felt a burning pain in my back and heard a large thud. "whoa Katsuo you're awake! are you alright? ill help you up!" Makoto exclaimed. i opened my eyes."D-dont worry i can get up by my self." I replied. I tried to get up but my back felt like it was on fire. I also felt very weak. I remembered that i hadn't eaten before i blacked out. I failed to get up so makoto helpt me.i could see that the sun was about to go down since a orange hue came shining out of the window. i sat on the side of the bed and let out a deep sigh. i sat in silence for a few minutes until i asked: "hey Makoto, how long have i been blacked out?" Makoto sighed. "for about three and a half days, Daichi told me it was due to blood loss. Torra woke up this morning and seemed fine after we got her some food. she imidiatly ran to your room to see if you where doing alright but we stopped her since you had not woken up yet. i must say we have been lucky though." he explained. "Lucky? how come?" i asked. "ill explain later. ill get the others first , and you must be hungry right? ill get you some food too." Makoto replied as he left the room.

I took a better look around the room a little more now. Half of my cloak was sitting on my desk i could see a few blood stains on the edge where it was cut off.My mask was on top of it. It wasn't damaged at all. what happened to other half of my cloak?
The shirt i had worn that night hung over the chair infront off the desk. The bloodstains where missing so i guessed they cleaned it, the back was also patched up. Guess i can't wear that in public any more, huh? I was still wearing my pants i wore back then. I saw a few pieces bandages laying around on the floor , they where blood stained. "please say calm, he doesnt know yet" Makoto said as he opened the door. He was holding a long object wich whas wraped in a old t-shirt. I imidiaitly recognised that smell. It was human flesh. "Here." Makoto said as he handed it to me and sat down at the desk next to the bed. every one was here exept Yume. "what don't i know yet Makoto?" he let out a deep sigh as if he was bracing himself for something.

"what is it Makoto come on, now is not the time for jokes!" i said anctiously. he didn't say anything he just handed me a news paper. i looked at the cover and froze. "n-no.. it cant be.. h-how could they have known?! h-how" daichi spoke before i could finish:   " apearantly they had cameras installed at the place you two fought the other ghoul last time. " he pointed at the picture on the paper that showed me and Akka's faces and lookt at Akka furiously. "What made you think not wearing a mask was a good idea you idiot! you've put us all in danger if you wheren't m-"  "No Daichi it was my fault. i should have never left afther i brought back Torra. i should have just waited for the next night. but no instead i whent out and now im gonna get us all killed!" i said as the tears rolled down my cheecks. i knew it was going down the same path again. i should have known. they all die sooner or later and its all my fault. "Katsuo.. you don't have to blame yourself for everything. you couldn't have possibily known that ghoul was going to attack you then and there. we just need to forge you and Akka a new identity i know someone who ca-" before Makoto could finish Yume came rushing in. "we need to run, the CCG is at our door!"