Chapter Seven: Alone

I gently picked up the cat. And put it down beside me. I resumed my walk home. I turned right .
Wait...
There was a lot of police in the street and even ccg agents.
Dont tell me--. Wait just...
Stay calm, Stay calm!
The police and ccg had not done any thing yet. I could enter my home trough the back and they wouldn't notice. Maby its not our home or my uncle they are after. Oh well better not risk it. This is my chance!
I entered my house using the backdoor. My uncle rushed to me.
"Katsuo! Take your mask and other stuff and run!" He rushed , i could hear the concern in his voice.
"Are you sure they--" i got interrupted by the sound of the front door being kicked in.
"Take your stuff and run! Ill keep the busy!"
" No im not letting a family member die again!"i shouted.

My uncle turned around , but before he could say anything he got slammed on the head whit a ccg weapon looking like a giant club.
"Idiot....just....Run!"he shouted while activating his kagune, it was a single black tentacle like kagune wich came from his right shoulder it looked similar to mine.
I ran upstairs and rushed into my room. i opened the hidden closed quikly there was no time to lose. I put on my mask and ragged cloak. Put my note book in my pocket along whit some photo's. I packed a bag with a few important stuff such as clothes. I heard some one knocking down my door, it was a ccg agent. I activated my kagune quikly and stabed him in the chest where his heart should be. He coughed up blood and fell face first onto the floor. After that i grabbed my backpack and rushed down stairs. I wanted to protect my uncle, he was the only one I had left.

I cant let this happen again ! He is the only family i have!
I tried to stab two agents at the same time. I succeeded in stabbing one but the other blocked my attack.
"Katsuo! What are you doing! Run!"my uncle shouted, at the same moment a lot more ccg agents rushed inside.  "Katsuo! Just run!"
"I cant!" I dont want to lose you!" I shouted back.
"neither do i!" He replied, i could see tears rolling down from behind his boar shaped mask. "Just go! I'll catch up with you later.
I hesitated and ran. but while i ran i activated my kagune and sliced through a few ccg agents.
That should buy him some time! And i ran away again. You're a really bad liar... i thought.

I ran out of the house as fast as I could those doves where idiots for not thinking about the back door. I jumped up a roof and kept jumping until I couldn't hear the ccg agents shouting anymore. I sat down and took of my mask and cloak. I looked down at the streets a few blocks away. I remembered how my uncle found me back then. I had lived on the streets for a few years. But he found me and gave me a home. Tears rolled down my face. "Damn it! Damn it all! Why am I always running away?" I shouted.  I jumped down and landed in a alleyway. I had the most reckless idea ever. I was going to run back and save him. Just as I ran out of the alleyway an arm held me back. It was makoto. "I'm going to have to stop you right there."