Chapter 19: ronin vs teacup

Daichi's point of view.

I looked down at my shatered glasses.  Im lucky i don't actually need them.
I turned to the place the teacup came from. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" I shouted while turning around. Then i saw that the one throwing the cup was a ghoul since their kagune was activated. She didn't reply. She just stared. She had bright blue hair and was wearing a mask that reminded me off a book i readed a while back. She also wore some sort of hat. She was a litle short, even Torra was taller. The most interesting thing was that i saw only one red eye glowing. She started shooting with her kagune. I jumped to prevent getting hit. It worked. I activated my kagune. And put on my mask my mask was made of iron so at least my face was protected. "Oh you guys are ghouls two huh?" She said.

"So you can talk. listen its best to leave us alone, you cant win this fight." I suggested her. She didn't reply and turned to Makoto, Torra, Aka and Katsuo.
"DON'T  YOU DARE!" i shouted at her.
"He seems wounded, give him up and ill let you guys go. I'd fancy a easy meal." She replied emotionless.
"No, we cant do that!" Makoto replied.
She sighed and fired her kagune particles at makoto. But he quikly protected the four of them using his wing-shaped kagune. I started running at her, it lookt like she didn't notice me any ways. I was about to stab her in the back but she turned around and punched me in the stomach so hard i was sent flying, i few feet away. I crashed into a wall. "Ugh, hod damn it... Ill make you pay for that!" I muttered.  I got up and started charging her again. I managed to pierce her left arm this time. "Hah, now you'll--" she grabed my kagune with her other hand, broke off the tip of my kagune and kicked me with her right foot. I was sent flying into a wall once again.

I wanted to get up but i couldn't. My body felt heavy. I could feel the pain flowing through my veins. I tried to move my head with all my remaining strength i had left. I lookt at my arms and legs. It seemed that bofe my legs where broken as well as my left arm which i used to wield my kagune with. My kagune had already dissapeard. I lookt at the rest. They where fighting her furiously. Makoto was using his regular kagune to bat away any shards flying towards Katsuo and Torra, who was doing the same as Makoto. Aka was trying to suprise attack her but she just kicked him away like she did with me, but Aka was a lot more agile then me and just landed on his feet every time.
I felt so powerless. A shard flew my way and for a moment i embraced death. Until the shard drilled itself in the wall right next to my face. Whelp im out of luck. I thought. For a moment the thought of eating the shard struck my mind. But i knew that was only a rumor. I saw Aka flying into a wall too, but he didn't land on his feet like in his previous attempts. His back hit the wall and he dropped down unconscious. I really felt like i needed to do something. A second shard felw into the wall next to me. I lookt at it for a minute. It was covered in blood. I lookt back at my friends. None of them was bleeding, except from me ofcource. This could only mean one thing: this was her blood.
I knew that ghouls could gain power via caniblism. This was my chance. I tried to slowly get up and succeeded. My legs did make a cracking sound though. And the pain comming from it was almost unbearable. But i had to help!

I grabbed the the shard with my right hand since that one wasn't broken. I pulled the shard out with all the strength i had and took a large bite. I could feel a shockwave going through my body. This was the most delicious blood i had ever tasted. It was both a human and a ghoul's blood. I took another bite. And another. And another one. With every bite i could feel my body becoming stronger. When i finished it i wiped the last blood of my forhead and activated my kagune. It looked vastly diffrent: instead of one blade there where two, one covering each just like Katsuo's kagunr. They where  no longer blue, they where a mix of purple and black. They where also a lot longer.

I slowly walked towards her. Now it's my turn to kick back... I thought.
I started running. She was still focussed on Makoto and Torra. I jumped at her and kicked her in her side. She flew into the wall next to her. She grunted in pain but got up rather quikly. "I thought you where dead already, gosh you're such a pain."
"Those with a strong will don't die easily!" I replied. In reality my will was aint that strong. I just embraced death moments ago. I smiled and charged at her. I had never even felt this good in my life. All the pain i had seemed to just fade away, though i was still bleeding. What the hell even is this blood?!

She fired a few shards at me. I dogged them. The last one almoost cut right through me but i cutted it in half with my kagune. I ran at her and swiped her leg. Blood came rushing down her leg. I was verry close to her when she fired even more shards. I tried to block them but one landed in my left shoulder. I started to feel pain again. I charged at her again and cut her other legg, but not deep enough to cut it off. I looked at aka for a second, he was lied on the ground motionless. Makoto was trying to wake him up. Sudely i felt shoe in my side cryshing a few ribs. God damn it! i shouldn't have gotten distracted. I crashed into the floor.
"Im wondering something two eye... Why would you go this far for some ghouls you travel with... Do they really deserve it?"

I got up. "They saved me too many times already, Its time for repayment!" I replied.
"Interesting..."
She charged at me. I was chought by surprise but quikly used my kagune to block her off and push her into a nearby wall. I heard a cracking noise coming from her. She dropped down on the ground. It seemed like she lost consciousness. I fell on the floor as well. All pain came back and both our kagunes disappeared. "Finnaly i have repaid you." I whispered. Just before i lost consciousness i saw some one running at me. I didnt recignise them.