Chapter Four : Unexpected

A few weeks had past .I  killed a few more  investigators in that time and i had become friends whit Makoto . he seemed really nice. But on the other hand there was something off about him. I just couldn't lay my finger on it since makto strangely didn't have a specific smell.I guess im just not used to befriending humans? I thought while walking to school. I shrugged.Sudenly a ccg investigator came walking towards me.Shit!
I prepared my self. But if i use my kagune in this busy street i will never have a normal life again!

The ccg investigater laid a hand on my shoulder. This is it! I turned around.
"Sorry to bother you, but can i ask you a few questions?" The man said deep voice."S-sure." I replied. the man inspected me.
"Whats wrong? you look like you have seen a ghost, young man."
"Oh ,its nothing i just realised im going to be late for school and i have a test in the first hour!" i lied.
"Alright ill be quick with the quistions then,do you recognise this mask?" He said as he handed me a sketch.

The drawing showed an grey gas mask with a scracth over the glass, it was my mask no doubt about it.
"No sir, im sorry."i replied.
"Ah okay, then do you recognise this woman? She went missing a few weeks ago."he asked as he handed me a photo.
It was a blonde woman with a white coat, my last victim...
"I recognise her from the news this morning, but i do not know her, sir."i replied. "Alright ,thats all, thank you for your coöperation."
"No problem." I replied and walked off. That was close.
I guess i killed enough off them to make them come looking for me. I thought. I continued my walk to school and met up whit Makoto.
We talked a lot until we got the class : a math test...

~~~A few hours later~~~

it was at the last five minutes of class.
"And thats all for the biology class today, You are now dismissed."
No home work today, guess im lucky. I tought. I walked home together with Makoto.
Until we reached the street where he had to turn left."Bye, see you tomorow!"
"Bye!" I replied. I continued my usual walk home. My stomag growled.
Guess its hunting time tonight....
I turned left and walked my way  home at the end of the street.
I grabbed my keys, it had a key chain with an emblem of my favorite game. I opened the door.

"Im home!" There was no reply.
Guess im home allone then. I i filled a glass of water since thats the only thing i could drink , turned on the tv and sat down at the couch. There was a cooking program playing, they where grilling a buger. I jealously wondered what it would taste like. Humans are so lucky to be blessed with the ability to eat food. They dont even realize!
I changed the channel. This time it was a documentary about ghouls. According to it ghouls where nothing but man eating monsters pretending to be human.I ignorred the urge to smash the tv screen and changed the channel once again. It has always been that way, no use in getting angry. It still really annoyed me that society thought of us as monsters.
We just want a normal life damn it. We never chose this!

The next chanel was a news chanel.
They where talking about some ghoul wearing a blue bird mask.
"-Also a woman has gone missing, if you know any thing please report it to the authorities. The ccg suspects this is the work of gas mask since he hiddes his victims but none of that is confirmed by them."
"Heh heh heh.."
I didnt hide her, i ate her whole you idiots!,Good luck finding it!

~~~~several hours later~~~~

It was 23:30.
I put on my ask and cloak.
I also wore a long sleeved shirt and a grey jeans under it.
I went out of the house carefull to not wake my uncle who had a rough day at work. He worked in some sort of office, i never asked questions since it didn't really interest me.

When i was on the streets i quikly jumped onto a lower roof top making my way up to a higher one.
I kept running and jumping from top to top until i finally found a prey.
A woman again...
I jumped down and tackled her .
I activated my kagune.
When i almost stabed her a razor sharp shard flew by. It had almost hit me.I turned to where it came from but as i did that another three came flying at me. I shielded my self with my kagune."Dont bother me when im eating." My prey had gotten away in the meanwhile. damn it!
"I have to talk to you."a familiar voice said. It was touka but she was wearing a rabbit mask.
"Cant you see im al little bit bussy right now?!"i replied. I was really anoyed. She ignored my statement.
"You said you where no threat, but why did you kill those doves then?" she asked
."none of your damn business!"i shouted. "Come on , Katsuo--"
"Get outa my way!"i shouted at her.
i was getting sa little anoyed by her pressence.

"you need to listen! Dont you know how many people you are putting in danger just because you kill those investigators for fun!? If you keep killing they will come afther you more then you would like." "fine, just let me eat damn it!"i said to avoid the subject. "Is that all you care about?!"she shouted back.
She ran up to me and punched my mask off my face before i could deffend my self. Meanwhile my kagune dissolved.
"Dont you have any family to protect!?"
"Not that i have much of them left.."i replied.
her body shook for a moment. "that stil doesn't give you a reason to just put other around you in danger, you idiot..." she punched me in the face and walked a way. i let her.