Chapter: 21 patched up

I was injured and the others seemed to trust Aruri. So i didn't have much of a choice she could easily overpower me given my condition. We whent through a thight hallway down th stairs. Does she live in an abondoned subway , or am i going nuts? I thought.  I still couldn't understand why she brought the one eye along. She could kill us all while we weren't looking. We reached a door that was half open. Warm light shined into the dark hallway. "Yeah... Sorry the lights in this hallway are broken!" Aruri apologized.
I nodded.

"Aruri? Is that you? Is there some one with you?" A male voice asked.
Aruri opened the door. There was a man stitting on a chair he was cutting leather next to him was a table with a dumny head wich wore a un finished mask. "Ill explain later, We have to help these injured people first!" Aruri insisted. "A-arur--' he let out a deep sigh. "You always get in trouble...you're lucky your dad worked at a hospital..." Aruri's father said. Aruri dragged me towards a empty room with only a single bed, some poster hung on the wall, but i was to tired to look at any of them next to the bed was a small desk and a closet on the oposit side of the desk. She put me down on the bed and i lied down."Ill be right back, im going to check on our 'attacker' " she reasured me. A few minutes later Makoto came in and put a verry stuffed backpack on the desk. i recognised it since i packed it myself in case some thing like this happened. "Are you okay?"makoto asked carefully. "well besides being partualy impalled and having a broken rib every thing is fine"i said jokingly. he smiled. "i shouldn't have let this happen." her replied. i wanted to reply but before i could he was already out the door.

I was laying on my back and lookt at the shard that was stuck in my ribs. It was pink in collour. I touched it with my left arm since my right arm seemed broken, a intense spike of pain followed. I was worried about Daichi, his condition seemed critical. I felt guilty. I have made a lot of people die didn't ii sudenly heard a lot of noise coming from the room next to me it was acompanyed by muffled shouting. i recognized aruri and makoto's voices but there was one i did not recognize, the voice was higher pitched and female. i tried to get up to see what was going on but that just made me feel like i just stabbed my self. why the in the world hasn't this shard dissolved yet?!

the noise stopped. looks like they finnaly got her under control, geez. suddenly the door swung open. a blue haired girl stood in the door opening. " I still want to eat you~."she said to me playfully. i tried to activate my kagune but it didn't activate. "damn it!" i wisppered. she was abbout to activate her kagune when she noticed my eyes where black and red. "oh so you're a ghoul, damn it you should have said so. canibalism isnt exactly my taste y'know."

i looked pussled for a moment. "then why did you even attack us? you where clearly outnumbered." i replied. "Oh thats simple really, ghouls with human friends ofthen make for easy targets. i honestly thought you where a bunch of humans." she siad to me as if it was nothing. i was honestly disgusted about how camly she said it. didn't she have any idea how important human friends can be to another ghoul! She turrned to look at my mask that was lying on the table it was cut in half. "i never would have thought that i would mistake 'gass mask' for a easy target."she said. "im getting quite populair am i not? but please dont call me that< its kinda awkward ." i replied. "then what should i call you?" she asked. "my name is katsuo hiramo, but i guess you'd already know that if you watched the news." i replied. "Allright then Hiramo-kun~ im Lyric Laminate."

A few minutes passed by. i broke the silence as i pointed at the shard stuck in my chest. "do you mind?"  i asked her.  "oh right..." she awakened her ghoul eye. and the shard slowly dissolved. she turned and left the room. "I still disstrust you you know."  she just shrugged.i was still thinking: You must really be an idiot to mistake a ghoul for a human in the break of day light this couldn't have been a coincidence. i thought. i looked at the posters on the wall, they where old, they dissplayed some kind of band. i couldnt realy see the band clearly though since the posters where old and thorn. i wondered if i we where on the news since we just killed an entire CCG squad. i hoped i had packed my phone. i groaned as i tried to move myself towards the desk wich was like 3 feet away from my bed. i emedeoughtly felt like i got stabbed in the chest. but i could just reach my bag with like two fingers. i pulled it towards me and opened the bag and started unloading it. i sighed in relief my cloak was still almoost complete. the next thing was my mask wich was split in half. "goddamn it!" at that moment Aruri came back. "my dad can fix that mask y'know." she proposed. "good idea, anyways hows Daichi doing?" i asked "daichi hasnt been the same since he áte' that shard. we even had to restrain him...."she replied. i guessed she knew daichi a lot longer than i did.  a few moments passed both of us said nothing. until Aruri broke the silence: "oh i almoost forgot" she said as she left the room. she came back a few moments later and started tending to my wound. "the good news is that you are healing verry quikely, the bad news is that it micht take a few days". she informed me. "thanks."

"By the way, my dad has agreed to fix up your mask. got any requests for improvement?"she asked. "could you ask him if he could make it easier to put it on and take it off?" i replied. "nothing else..? alright sure thing. " she handed me a piece of cloth. "here you might wanna put this in your mouth, im gonna push your ribbs back in place." i did what she said and braced my self. "Alright, in 3, 2 , 1 okay brace yourself." i groaned in pain. i felt like i got stabbed but it was like 3 times worse. i could feel the pain flowing through my chest.  she wiped her arm over her for head. "pfew, okay thats it for today. my dad advised me to tell you to stay in bed until your ribbs have completely healed themselfs. "alright, also what do you think of the one eye? i dont trust her." i said. "me neither i think she's hiding something..."