"A Warrior of Youth"

"Racheal?" Jake says as we watch a movie on my couch.

"Yes Jake?" I look up at him.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?"

"Yes, of course," I grin up at him.

"Okay, great, how about tonight?"

"I can't do tonight, I'm working but I'm free the following night,"

"Okay, I'll pick you up at eight then," He smiles.

I lay my head on his shoulder and continue watching the movie.

I hear the door open, I look to see Andy walking in.

"Hey Andy," I wave to him.

Andy looks at Jake and I, he rolls his eyes and walks out of the house. What the heck?

"That was weird," I kind of laugh.

"Yeah,"

Jake and I sit around pigging out on food and binge watching movies for the day. I don't want to stop but some time or another I have to start getting ready for work.

"As much as I would love to stay here with you, I have to get ready for work," I stand up, stretching.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow night then," He smiles and kisses my cheek.

Jake leaves and I head upstairs. I throw my hair up in a pony tail and get changed into a tank top and skinny jeans.

I put my Doc. Martins on and head out the door. I drive to the bar and go inside.

I begin to work, pouring drinks, taking care of the money, catering to lonely drunk men, listening to their stories. It's always the same thing with every guy who comes in.

Either they got dumped by their wives because they cheated, or because she cheated.

Sometimes it's plain old drunk men who are lonely.

A lot of the times it's some men coming in and hitting on me.

I turn to face the wall of alcohol, I put the bottle back where it belongs and turn around to see Andy sitting on a stool.

"Hey Andy," I rest my elbows on the bar front.

"Hey," Andy sighs, looking around.

"What's on your mind?" I ask, cleaning a cup and setting it in front of him.

"A lot," He rubs his face.

I pour some whiskey in a shot glass and fill the bigger cup with beer.

Andy sighs and downs the shot, tipping it upside down and sliding it back to me.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him.

"I just, it's stupid, it's whatever," Andy shrugs his shoulder.

I just look at him, he looks at me. He knows I don't believe him.

"Okay, well, if you want to talk about it, I'm here until midnight, and even then you know where to find me," I place my hand on his.

"Thank you Racheal," Andy gives me a small smile.

"So Jake and I are going on a date tomorrow night," I smile.

I notice someone sitting a few seats down from Andy.

I grab a cup and wipe it out with my dish cloth, and set it down in front of him.

"Oh?" Andy says.

The guy puts up two fingers. I place down two shot glasses and pour whiskey in them, and pour beer in the bigger glass.

"Yeah, I'm really excited, god I think it's been what, seven months since I went on a date, since I got any fun," I laugh.

I notice Andy just chug the beer and roll his eyes. He looks at me and walks out.

"Andy! Where are you going?" I call after him, he just ignores me.

Why does he have to act this way? Whenever Jake and I are hanging out or whenever I mention Jake, Andy gets mad and/or storms out.

Then he comes back to me and acts as if nothing ever happened.

"Why must this always happen to me?" The man who sat a few seats down from Andy whines.

"Another one?" I ask the guy.

"Keep them coming," He drowns in his sorrow and alcohol.

I sigh and just block out what he says, nodding a few times to make it seem like I'm listening. When I act that way, act as if I care, they usually always give me a tip. Since; A) they're drunk; and B) they thought I cared.

I finish my shift and leave the bar. I am exhausted, I drive home and just go to bed.