Chapter Three: Lady Mary

Lady Mary Tudor

As I made my way to my chambers from Chapel I was surprised to see Charles Brandon waiting for me inside. 

"May I question why you are in my chambers?" I questioned as I handed my bible and rosary to my lady. 

"Your father requests to speak with you. I am to lead you to the gardens." He said and I stared at Charles. 

"He knows what Isabella said," I said as he offered me his arm and he began to lead me outside. 

"Yes, he did. He understands how close you are to the Queen and he wants to know how to get close to her." Charles explained and I found myself staring at my father's friend before I turned and saw the garden. 

"I can find my father on my own," I said as I pulled my arm away and began walking. My father was sitting on a bench that my uncle, Prince Arthur, had built for my mother. 

"Your Majesty," I said as I bowed to here. 

"Come sit daughter." My father said as he patted the spot next to him. 

"I know you want to marry Bella. But I know deep in my heart you don't truly care for here." I said and I watched as he turned to me and I was shocked to see him look sad instead of angry. 

"I see how she is with your sister and brother and I always wanted that for you and your siblings Mary." 

"You had that, with my mother!" I hissed and he stared at me for a moment. 

"Very true, but I let the fact that I had no son get the best of me. Your mother was a wonderful Queen. But as I said before I was consumed with Anne. I loved her as much as I loved your mother." Father confessed and I found myself frowning. 

"Bella is only here for a month. If and only if you can get her to somehow trust and love you I shall give you my blessing." I stated and I watched as the king smiled before pulling me into a hug. 

"I see so much of your mum in you. She would be proud of you." He said and I felt myself smiling. 

"Thank you, Your Majesty. I have to meet Bella for lunch. Would you care to escort me?" I questioned and he smiled at me before standing up. 

"Yes." He said and I let him grab my hand before we began our walk to the west side of the castle. The guards outside bowed before turning and knocking. 

"Enter." 

"His Majesty King Henry VII and his daughter Lady Mary Tudor." The guard bellowed and we walked inside to see Bella standing up. 

"Your Majesty," Bella said as she bowed before smiling at me

"Are you ready for lunch?" I asked as I pulled apart from my father. 

"Yes, Greer went to go have the cooks bring it up." She said before she turned to my father who blushed. 

"I was wondering Isabella do you ride horses?" He questioned and I watched Bella smile. 

"Emil taught me. Yes, I do. Why do you question?" She asked and I turned to my father and smiled as I watched him fumble with his words. 

"Would you like to go for a ride with me tomorrow?" He asked and Bella tilted her head before nodding. 

"I would love to." 

"Great! Great, I shall see you then." My father said before he nodded his head and turned out the room. 

"Let's sit on the patio," Bella said as she grabbed my hand and began pulling me outside. 

"What is wrong?" 

"I hear whispers. Starting last night when I picked up Edward. People are saying that I could be the next Queen and I will have the same fate as his other wives." Bella said and I stared at her for a moment before shaking my head. 

"Bella do not listen to those words. You are strong. Stronger than Anne and Jane. Stronger than my mother even. You rule on your own two strong nations. If you marry my father and don't have children then it is alright." I said and before I could even blink Bella had pulled me into a hug. 

"Thank you, my friend. Thank you." She whispered before a maid walked out and bowed. 

"Let us eat." 

~Later that night~

I nodded for my ladies to take my food away when my door opened and there stood Edward's night nurse. 

"May I help you?" I asked and she quickly shut the door. 

"My apologies, my lady but when I went to look in your brother's bed he wasn't there." She said and I froze. 

"You're positive? He isn't hiding in any of his wardrobes?" 

"No, ma'am. I went to Elizabeth's quarters and she is not there either." She said and I smiled softly. 

"I think I may know where they are at," I whispered before I walked out my quarters and began walking to Isabella's. 

"The Queen of Denmark and Norway's chambers?" 

"Yes. My brother and sister are very fond of her." I said before I opened the door and saw Greer smiling. 

"They are fine. They came after dinner and wanted to lay with Bella." She said before she dismissed the night nurse and allowed me to come in. 

I stepped towards the bed and saw Bella between both the kids. Edward was curled up into Bella's chest, holding on to the top of her nightdress to be sure she wouldn't leave. 

Elizabeth was behind Bella with the cover slightly over her face. Her red hair was out and loose. Then Bella looked as peaceful and possibly even younger than what she was in her sleep. 

"If my siblings ever come here alert their night nurses so they don't come scaring me," I said and Greer smiled. 

"Of course. I was getting her ready when Edward opened the door. Elizabeth was after him and they asked if they could spend the night." She explained with a soft smile. 

"Thank you, Greer. Goodnight." I said with a dip of my head before I showed myself out. I found my father in the hallway. 

"They look so peaceful with her," he said and I nodded. 

"You need to explain to her what happened to your wives. Let her in." I said and he raised an eyebrow before nodding. 

"Goodnight Mary." 

"Goodnight, Your Majesty."