The Expediton of my nightmares

CARL'S POV
I didn't ask anymore questions. Not that I didn't care but more that every question didn't get an answer or would be answered with another question by y/n. By the time Alexandra was out of view and far enough to be at least three miles away, the day became quiet. Not too quiet of course, we have killed a few walkers not too long ago but still quiet it wasn't long till we reached an old build. Once at the entrance of the buildings door we knocked as hard as we could and waited for any movement. We spent twenty minutes before going in and was surprised to what we had found. Most of the food had molded but can foods are our best friends. I was quick to shove the food neatly in the one of the many giant duffel bags we had decided to bring incase we found more then what we were looking for. I turn to check on y/n and saw her putting baby cloths and baby bottles in her bag. Both boys and girls and cloths big enough for Judith along with baby toys, dippers, shoes, blankets, and jackets. I smiled and went back to grabbing food and water bottles. Once finished with that row I went to the next one and y/n ran pass me but I didn't think much of it or would I say anything for she wouldn't listen if I wanted her too.

"Psst...Carl... come here" y/n whispered.

I walked towards her and she stood by a chained up door looking through the window.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Look" I come closer to her and looked through the window she was looking through. Boxes and boxes of food, water, seeds, and fishing gear.

"We need to get in there." Y/n declared.

"First things first look for something you can pick the lock with it something strong enough to break the chain. Second, we gotta make sure there are no walkers inside so find something useful to kill it all right?" Y/n nods her head and takes off to look around as did I.

It wasn't long till we met up again, y/n had a crow bar and I had found chain cutters. I was quick to clip them and opened the door. My eyes widen as it was quiet, no walkers, no person crying, no bugs, no birds flying, just silence. Y/n moved as if she was uneasy and I turned to her.

"Y/n?" I called softly.

"Be quick and careful... I don't like the silence too much." She whispered. I nod my head and started grabbing the things I thought we might need most. Y/n grabbed three boxes full of seeds and just poured it in her giant duffel bag. She turn to the next box and froze.

"Y/n?" I called out once more.

"What? What happened?" Y/n said as she looked at me. I tilt my head and bit and she smiled softly.

"You good?" I asked.

"Yeah... let's finish this and go, okay?" She response and we head back to work.

As I turned back to the front of me, walkers came close and my heart pounded against my chest. There was more then enough to fill up eight big movie theaters. I quickly and carefully walked backwards and as soon as I thought it was safe. I grab y/n, cover her mouth and hid behind many of the boxes.

"Stay quiet and stay ready okay?" She nods and I remove my hand from her mouth. We quickly move but as we tried to leave one of the alarms go off and caught the attention of the things we were trying to hid from.

My heart stopped and once it started again it beats like there is no tomorrow. I grab y/n by the arm and hid her behind me. Her face was just as pale as mine and I know she's just as terrified as I am. Though she is trying to hid it, the grip she has on the the bags says other wise. We became trapped in a corner and with four big, heavy duffel bags hanging around our body's, it was going to be hard to get out quickly and quietly.

"Climb... climb the shelves.." y/n whispers. Her fingers point at the big metal shelves and I nod my head. I have her climb up first then it was me. As we get up there we bones of children in there cloths still. Y/n's eyes widen a bit but then she pushes it away and looks back down to see the walkers just walking around.

"I have an idea." Y/n whispers.

"What is it?" I whisper back.

"Windows... really big windows. We can climb a bit more then jump to the windows. We can use the bones to break the class and to distract the walkers." Y/n says quickly.

"You want to use the bones of the dead family with fucking kids to break a glass window?" I whisper as if she was crazy but I mean she was.

"They're dead anyway. They don't care." She says as she grabs one of the legs. She climbs a bit higher since we weren't at the very top. I follow her to the top and we kept finding beds empty or with families still in them. Y/n was able to pass by them like they were nothing more then just useless trash.

'He really messed you up didn't he... this world messed you up... you deserve better.' I thought but shook it away in time to see y/n ready herself for the break of the window. She slams the bone into the window and it breaks and falls all over her. She throws the bone across the room and the walkers go chasing after the sound like dogs with a frisbee.

"Clear down there. Drop the bags on the floor so we have something to land on. Make sure to bend your knees." Y/n whispered quickly. I nod my head and we drop our bags. The sky was dark and it was hard to see anything.

"Drop." Y/n says then she jumps from the top and lands on the floor with a roll, it was clear. I follow her movements and soon we were safe on the ground.

"You good?" She asks. I nod my head and she licks up the bags and we started running, not sure where we're going.

This day is going to shit.