42.

"Why do you like spending it alone?" Sawyer asked.

"I mean I have Cole sometimes. I just don't need any of you helping me celebrate, that's all"

"But we're friends Dylan" Naomi said.

"I'm not trying to be a dick about it but... I don't like to celebrate my birthday with people. It's simple as that" he say staring at us. I push my hair back.

"Well, then it's not your birthday dinner. It's a friendship dinner. We're all celebrating our friendship with Dylan O'Brien" I say.

"I like that" Sawyer said. I look at Dylan and he stares at me. He laughs then shakes his head.

"Whatever" he said and I smile.

"Well come over to the table so we can start eating" I said as we all sat down. Cole and Dylan laugh and they sit down next to each other at the table.

"It's like a friendsgiving" Naomi says and I smile.

"Burgers and fries. You guys are too kind" Dylan said and we laugh and I smile as I see him make his plate.

"And let's start with the presents" Cody says handing one to Dylan.

"This is ridiculous" Dylan says opening the box. "Oh wow"

"It's a Thomas Sabo Men's watch"

"Thanks man. I don't know who Thomas whatever is but I appreciate it" Dylan says and we laugh.

"Here you go" Cole says handing Dylan a huge present.

"Well damn" Dylan says and we laugh. He starts to unwrap it and I stare at him do. "This is a Jean Michel Basquiat art piece... are you fuckin serious?"

"Jo actually got it" Cole says and Dylan looks at me.

"I made some calls" I said.

"Thank you Jo. This... is absolutely amazing"

"You're welcome Dylan" I said smiling at him.

"Okay my turn" Naomi says and we laugh and she hands him a box. Then someone knocks on the door. I get up and walk over to answer it to see Mr. O'Brien.

"Hi" I said moving over to let him in.

"Thank you for having me" he saying holding a present.

"He doesn't want to celebrate his birthday so we're just calling it a friendship dinner?" I said and Mr O'Brien smiles.

"Thank you Naomi" Dylan says when he looks up. He makes eye contact with Mr. O'Brien then looks at me.

"Dylan your father is here to..." I start to say before he interrupts me.

"Josephina, can I talk to you real quick?" Dylan says.

"Okay..." I said and I watch him walk to his bedroom. I look at Cole and he stares at me and I follow Dylan. "Hey"

"What the hell is my dad doing here?"

"I invited him"

"And why the fuck would you do that?"

"It's your birthday?"  I said and Dylan shakes his head. "He's not staying. He just wanted to drop off his gift. But Dylan maybe you can talk to him for a minute"

"What are you trying to do?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to help fix the relationship you have with him"

"We don't have a relationship. Do I have to tell you again, what he did to me?"

"Dylan I understand" I said and he stares at me. "But... don't you think it's time to forgive him and move on?" I asked and Dylan stares at me. "I mean... I forgave you for everything that happened literally a month ago. I know you didn't hurt me as bad as your father... but damn near" I say and he continues to stare at me. "I just want you to talk to him, please? For like five minutes" I said and he rolls eyes.