Chapter 26: I'm sorry it's not forever

Yoongi's POV

A week and she hasn't woken up. I punch the wall in frustration and break down into tears.  I haven't left the hospital since it happened, this was one of the only times I used my idol status to get what I want. I couldn't leave her, I had to stay with her beautiful face so peaceful as she sleeps there. I want to hear her smooth voice. Her cute accent as she speaks Korean. How fucking annoyed she'll get with certain things while talking about politics or anything she doesn't think is right. How she'll hug me at night and keep me warm. How flustered she gets when I touch her under the table. How when she's annoyed with something I do she'll curse in English. How her body fits perfectly with mine. How her soft lips move perfectly in sync with mine. She's mine forever, I need her. Suddenly I hear feet shuffle against the ground, I dry my tears and look up to see Kira and Leila. "Umm-Yoongi can we see Y/N for a bit," Kira says softly. I think for a moment. I don't want to leave but I can't stop them seeing their best friend. I nod and leave.  

End of POV

Kira POV

Leila and I go through the door. We give each other a quizzical look as we're on a staircase that leads on for what looks like forever. We're about to turn back when we hear cries of pain coming from nearby. We take off down the staircase. This staircase is...different. The steps are made of white linoleum and are around a metre wide. Each time my foot touches the step I feel the urge to turn around. Go back up the stairs. But no. That could be Y/N. The scene shifts but unfortunately I and Leila are still above ground so we end up falling to the ground. We hear more cries. We walk towards the corner when we freeze. We find a woman holding a baby. Tears streaking her face. "It's okay. I'll make sure your safe now," the woman says. I raise an eyebrow. "How does Y/N fit in with this?" Leila whispers to me. "I will come back to you. I'll teach you about our family heritage," the woman says determinedly. "Your so precious," she says cradling the baby. The scene shifts again. The woman is giving the baby away to someone. The baby cries and cries but the woman walks away. We're back outside the door. "That...was weird..." I mumble. "Do you think that baby...was Y/N?" Leila asks me. "How would she remember that though?" I ask. "Well, the memory did seem kind of broken. Bits and pieces missing," Leila says. "Wouldn't that mean..." I trail off. "Well, it's just a theory. We can't get too distracted," Leila says. I don't know though. That memory. There's something that we're not seeing right. I guess Leila's right. The memory has bits and pieces missing.

Leila walks further down the corridors. Further and further until she stops. She stops at a black door with the number 29 on it. "What's wrong?" I ask. "This door...it's the door to A.J's house," she says. We hesitate slightly. "I'm scared, I know Y/N's relationship was abusive but she never really talked about it so I don't know how bad it was," I say with worry in my voice. "I feel awful about saying all those things to Y/N, she didn't deserve any of it," Leila says quietly as if she's lost in thousands of thoughts. I take the handle and slowly open the door.

The first thing I hear is overwhelming sobs. I see a figure that looks like Y/N treating some type of wound on her face. "Wait...you don't think that AJ abused Y/N physically," Leila says with worry. "Wait, that's probably why she wore so much makeup at the time...to cover up the bruises," I say. "I didn't know it was this bad. She never told us," Leila mutters. Suddenly we hear a loud voice coming through the door. We see AJ stride through the door and look Y/N dead in the eye. "Y/N, it's been a hard day for me. Can you ease the stress for me," He says grabbing her breast? "I don't want to AJ, I'm tired and want to keep some self-respect and dignity," She says quietly but sharply. Then we hear it *smack*. AJ hits Y/N, hard. She holds her cheek and her dark and shadowy eyes. Then AJ shouts at her. "YOUR SO FUCKING STUPID, YOUR NOT WORTH ANYTHING! YOUR JUST A STUPID WHORE. WORTHLESS. SO FORGET ABOUT ANY IDEAS ABOUT YOUR LIFE. YOU WILL BE WITH ME FOREVER. AND ONE DAY I WILL TAKE YOUR VIRGINITY. YOU WON'T HAVE A CHOICE. DO YOU HEAR ME. LOOK AT ME SLUT!" He screams aggressively. I see tears fall down Y/N's face as AJ kicks and punches her. She falls to the ground, tears falling from her eyes I can't look anymore. My best friend is there being abused. "How did she hide all of this...how did she stay so strong? I don't understand how she continued to be herself...to act so normally, continuing with her studies while all of this was going on," I say as I see Leila crying. "How could she ever trust someone again? How could she ever get over this?" I ask myself. "She never did," Leila mumbles. "She just buried it, hid it, let it build up every day. And then it all came flooding out like this and now she's in hospital," Leila says and I nod in agreement. "Let's get out of here, I can't take this anymore," I say as we leave the room with tear stricken faces.