Chapter 11: "Karaoke"

I PUT THIS IN THE WATTY AWARDS! MAKE SURE YOU VOTE AND COMMENT! thanks~

Chapter 11: “Karaoke”

Stephanie sat there, utterly frozen by what just happened. Onew…the guy she had been crushing on since she first got into k-pop just kissed her. And it wasn’t just a measly normal kiss on the cheek or anything. It was full lip-to-lip contact that made Stephanie’s knees grow weak.

Sure it was short and sweet, but it hit Stephanie like a sucker punch. And before she could give Onew any sort of response other than sitting there staring at him in bewilderment, the staircase lowered.

“Stephanie? Onew?” Key’s voice appeared from the base of the staircase.

A loud smack made Stephanie wake up and jump away from Onew. Cheondung’s voice roared, “Mir! I’m going to kill you!”

Mir probably slapped Cheondung once again… This demand was definitely getting out of hand, but oh well. Stephanie stood up and hurried towards the stairs, refusing to look at Onew. “Uh, we’re coming…”

With some distance between the two, Stephanie and Onew walked down the stairs to a closet filled with Key, Mir, Cheondung, Joon, and Maddie.

Cheondung was the first to approach Stephanie and he tightly hugged her, glad that she was finally safe and sound.

“YAH!” Joon barked, “You can’t do that!”

“Yes I can,” Cheondung delightfully told him, keeping his grip on Stephanie, “You just said I couldn’t talk to her.” To irritate his hyung even more, Cheondung stuck his tongue out at him, mocking his stupidity.

On the other hand, Key noticed Onew’s face and asked, “Whoa, what happened?”

“Oh, Stephanie scratched me,” Onew answered, patting the cute little Hello Kitty band-aid that Stephanie placed on him. But then thoughts of her kissing his cheek flooded his mind. Quickly after, the thoughts of just their kiss exploded in his mind, making him blush a bit.

Overhearing Onew and Key’s conversation, Stephanie turned her head and pouted, “I said I’m sorry…”

She hated the fact that she hit Onew and made him bleed, but now she hated that she couldn’t fully look him in the eye. She just kept her chocolate eyes glued to the ground, feeling herself growing more nervous. What if someone noticed? Would they be able to tell that her and Onew just kissed?

“Wow, you’re such a horrible person,” Key teased, pulling Stephanie away from her thoughts.

She instantly glared at him, feeling her nerves go away. Before she could come up with a comeback, Maddie came over towards Cheondung and her and pushed Cheondung right off of her.

“Yah! Let me hug my child!” Maddie barked, constricting her arms around Stephanie.

Stephanie gladly hugged her appa and cooed, “APPA~<3” She loved having Maddie there, otherwise she would be stuck in that nervous breakdown she was having just a second ago.

“Where is everyone else?” Onew asked.

“Downstairs setting up karaoke,” Mir answered, excited for karaoke.

“What about Heechul?” Stephanie asked, hoping that they didn’t leave him off the hook. That boy was definitely on Stephanie’s bad side now, along with Joon and Key.

“Kyuhyun found him and put him in time-out,” Joon answered, tearing Maddie away from Stephanie. He opened his arms up to hug Stephanie, but she quickly stepped away. “Hey! I want a hug!”