Chapter 9: "Kidnapped"

Chapter 9: “Kidnapped”

A few hours later, everyone was settling down as the sun disappeared from the sky. Paco glanced at his watch and frowned. “Shoot, it’s getting late…”

“No it’s not,” Maddie said, finishing up her battle against Xiah and Max on smash brothers. In one move, she managed to kill both of them, claiming her rightful spot as number one once again. “It’s only 8:30,” she added as Xiah and Maxx both groaned in defeat.

“Yeah, but I have to drop off those three,” he said, pointing to Leah, Jenny, and Jessy.

Sooyoung stood up from the twister mat and said, “Oh, we’ll walk out with you guys. We have a photo shoot tomorrow morning.”

Leah walked up to Jenny and Jessy and pointed out, “Hey, dad anyone let Stephanie and Key out of the closet?”

Overhearing Stephanie’s name, Mir instantly smacked Cheondung’s arm, making both of them fall onto the twister mat. Taemin happily jumped up from the uncomfortable position and did a celebration dance for winning at Twister.

“Dude!” Cheondung snapped at Mir.

Mir stuck it finger at Leah and shouted, “Leah said it!”

“Said what?”

“Steph—” He stopped himself and frowned. “Ah, I can’t say it!”

But Cheondung instantly caught on. He mentally smacked himself for even forgetting about Stephanie. After convincing Kalyn for about five minutes, she finally agreed to let Stephanie out since Cheondung was just too persuasive against her. Plus she got a free date with him if she let Stephanie out. Score!

They all hurried downstairs and opened the closet door to find Stephanie and Key sleeping side by side with their hands still intertwined. Actually, the sight was cute and shocking. Who would’ve thought those two would look so peaceful together? Many people there thought one of them would be dead by now.

“Should we wake them up?” Maddie questioned. She didn’t really want to ruin the peaceful image everyone was looking at.

“Yes!” Cheondung roared, not caring if his jealousy was showing. He went straight into the closet and separated the two. “Yah! Wake up!”

Key started to wake up while Stephanie just flopped face first straight into the carpet since she didn’t have any support. Maddie winced a bit and said, “Oh man, I think she’s out of it.”

Key wiped his eyes and groaned, “What time is it?”

“Time for you to get up,” Cheondung bitterly stated, glaring at Key. Cheondung couldn’t help but think that he took advantage of Stephanie and that drove him insane.

Mir knelt down near Stephanie and gently shook her shoulder. “Hey, wake up.”

Kalyn just shook her head. “Just leave her. It’s going to take her awhile to get up.” That was true since Stephanie loved her sleep. The longest she ever slept was eighteen hours and it took just about six alarms to go off before she finally found some sort of consciousness.

They all left her in the closet to say goodbye to SNSD and school friends. When they came back though, she was gone. Silence loomed over their heads as they continued to stare at the empty space.

“Whoa…” Kalyn whispered.

Mir bit his lips and said, “I thought you said it would take her awhile to get it.”

Maddie snapped, “It does!”

“Then maybe she’s not awake,” Key suggested.

“Do you think she’s sleepwalking?” Cheondung asked.