Raindrops & Reasons//16

Warning: Extreme cheesiness and Angst.

BaRon's POV

Beep..

Beep..

Beep..

That retched sound. That annoying sound that rang through the hospital walls. Yet, it was the sound I absolutely needed to hear, because it meant that my boyfriends heart was still beating.

My hand stayed locked with Jacob's pale and soft one. My thumb ran across his smooth skin and my eyes were always locked on his peaceful face. Once in awhile they would dart down to notice the red spotted bandage over the side of his neck. My eyes burned with anger. Whoever did this would surely pay, but it would have to wait because I was not leaving his side until I was sure everything would be back to normal.

It had been a few hours since I had frantically admitted Jacob into this place and I had finally just calmed myself down enough to think about what actually happened. I should've never let Jacob convince me that he could handle something he wasn't properly trained for. Trust overtook me and I had trusted him to be ok. I looked at the bandage once more, I guess it could've been something he couldn't prevent. Either way, I would always regret it. I finally took my eyes off of Jacob and looked down at our locked hands as I let my eyes fall closed.

I watched as the newest member of Jinx walked through the doors of headquarters. I could swear that his smile made the whole room brighter. His teeth were purely white. His lips, a perfect shade of light red, soft. His skin was a light tan, a flaw undetected. His hair was a perfectious coal black that hung down off his head in short strands. He was sort of tall, 5'11 maybe.

I didn't even notice how lost I had gotten into his appearance until his dark chocolate eyes had glanced over to me and caught my gaze.

"BaRon, your jaw is literally dropped" Holly hit my shoulder and laughed.

I snapped out of my gaze and used the back of my hand to wipe away any residue of drool. I looked down to the ground and smiled.

"So What's his name?" I asked

"Jang" a deep voice replied. I looked up.

"My name is Jang. But call me Jacob" Our eyes met once more as he held out his hand.

"Jacob, why look so happy to be entering a gang?" I shook his hand.

"Well at first, it was because I was glad to be able to learn some sick new talent, and to be able to have people scared of me for once. But now, I can see that my smile may hold a new reasoning behind it" He took a seat next to me.

"And that reason is" I looked ahead, my smile never being able to disappear from my face.

"Maybe you'll find out soon. Sorry, I didn't catch your name?"

"Chunghyeop. But call me BaRon"

"Ok BarrrrRon~" he rolled the R "but I think I'd rather call you my reason" he sat back against the couch, smirking.

All I could think to do was bite my lip to hold in my scream and to hide my face in my hands.

"Oh my god I gotta tell Ara. I think I just witnessed what love at first sight looks like" I heard Holly gasp beside me, before getting up, leaving me a lovestruck mess.