The Ending Of The Undoing

Chapter 37

After some time had past, Ruth began to sit by her with me before putting her ring on Elena's finger.

"What are you doing?" Paige asked her.

"I'm doing what must be done Paige," Ruth answered.

"You don't have the strength to do this," Paige said.

"This is the strongest thing I can do, it's all I have to fight him with," Ruth said.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"She's going to save Elena by killing herself," Paige said.

"No, you can't do this," I said.

"Please, there must be another way," Paige pleaded.

"Not for me. This is all because of me; my failures. I have to make at least this one thing right," Ruth said.

"No I won't let you," Paige said.

"The ring is already on her, it's already started. Accept this and understand it's because I love you," Ruth said to Paige.

"Mum," Paige said with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Ruth then turned to me as tears began to fall down my cheeks before she said...

"Freya. My beautiful niece Freya, I have waited a long time to meet you and I have to say you look so much like your mother," Ruth said.

"No please, please don't say goodbye," I said as I cried.

"Don't cry my child, you are going to become coven leader and you need to embrace it," Ruth said.

"Please Ruth. You said that I was going to come to Boston with you and learn all about being a witch, you said that I was ready to be amazingly powerful but I'm not. I know I'm not and I need you, Paige and I need you. You are one of the only family members I have left and you are my only parent figure I have left," I explained.

"Freya. Freya, I have to tell you something. Your father's name is Sasha Antonov," Ruth said.

"My father?" I asked.

"Yes. You should find him," Ruth said.

"Okay. Thank you," I said.

Ruth then cut her finger and put her blood on Elena's forehead before saying a spell to resurrect Elena.

"No please. I need you. Mum, mum, I need you," Paige said.

Ruth then continued the spell before Ruth's eyes went white and she began to scream in pain.

"Mum. Mum, I am not ready for this, I am not ready for this mum," Paige said to Ruth as she held Ruth in her arms.

"You will shine," Ruth said before dying.

Paige then began to cry out with me by her side before Paige said...

"Mum," Paige said, trying to wake her up.

All of a sudden, Elena awoke before turning to Paige and I.

"She brought you back. You were dead Elena," Paige said to her.

"Can you bring her back?" Elena asked as she took off the ring.

Paige then shook her head before Elena said...

"Thank you. Clay was here when I died," Elena said.

"He went after Aleister as a wolf," Paige said.

"Where?" Elena asked.

Paige then looked in the direction before I immediately kissed Ruth's forehead, saying goodbye and then got up and followed Elena so we could kill Aleister. Once we reached the end of the hall, Aleister turned around and began to strangle us as Savannah fell to the ground. We began to hold our throats before falling to the floor.