Malcolm's Been Taken

Chapter 8

After some time of sitting there and not saying anything, Nick took me into the kitchen and sat me down next to him before pouring a cup of tea and giving it to me. I then smiled at him before saying...

"Thanks," I said before going back into silence.

"So, tell me. What exactly happened in there?" Nick asked.

"My memories, I've got them back," I answered.

"I wasn't aware that you were missing any," Nick said.

"Neither did I, not until now and the things I saw..." I said before pausing and looking away with tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Hey," Nick said, turning my face back to me so I could face him.

He then began to wipe away my tears before saying...

"You can tell me, just take your time," Nick said.

"Well I saw my mother saying goodbye to me. She was hiding me from some enemy and then left me in this storage room. After that I never saw her again. A moment later, my father came in and took me out of the room and began to carry me out and as he did, I-I saw my mother. She was dead Nick," I explained with more tears flowing down my cheeks.

"Oh Kat," Nick said before holding me tight.

"I remember her Nick, she didn't deserve to die. She was a good person," I cried.

"I know. It's hard to see your parents die," Nick said.

"I don't know who I am anymore. My name's not Katherine Hale, it's Freya Winterbourne," I said.

"Hey it doesn't matter what your name was or who you were, all that matters is who you are," Nick said.

"Maybe before I would have said that my name was Freya Winterbourne but now I know that I'm Kat Hale," I said.

"Then that's who you'll always be," Nick said before kissing my forehead before continuing to hold me.

After some time of holding me, we headed upstairs and to my room. Once we got in there, we immediately laid down on the bed and began to drift off in each other's arms while seeing the dark night fill the room.

The next morning I awoke, feeling cold before noticing the window wide open. I immediately got dressed before attempting to close the window and failing. I then tried again but it still didn't close. Nick then tried before we headed down the stairs and saw that every door and window was open too. We then immediately realized that if every door was open then that means that the cage was open downstairs. We then dashed down the stairs and to the basement where we saw everyone else standing, staring at the empty cage. The cage that Malcolm was once kept in.

Once we saw this, we all headed out of the house and began to run after Malcolm's scent. We dashed through the woods for a while before Elena and I finally stopped on the road after losing his scent.

"The trail's cold. Malcolm's gone," I said.

"Someone must have picked him up," Elena said.

"All the doors in the house were open, that's not a coincidence and neither is this. The witches must have taken Malcolm," Jeremy said.

"They have no idea what they've unleashed," Clay said.

"The point is he's gone," Logan said.

"No. No he can't be. We promised the alpha council his head on a stake. I'm going to find him," Nick said before running off.

"I'll go with him," Logan said before following him.

"There's no sense in searching the woods. Malcolm's gone," Elena said.

"There's no sense in any of this," Jeremy said before walking back to the house.

We then followed him back before Elena and Clay followed Jeremy into the kitchen while I sat down on the sofa and began to try and search for Ruth and Paige. I realized that if I was a witch then maybe I could find Ruth. I then closed my eyes and began to search for them with my mind. Moments after searching, I then heard a voice in my mind saying...

"Don't worry Freya, we're coming back for you," Ruth said.

I then opened my eyes and nodded, knowing that it wouldn't be long until I would see my family again...