A Terrifying Morning Before Breakfast

Chapter 4

Once we arrived home, we all headed inside before Jeremy took Malcolm down in the basement. After he did this, I immediately headed up the stairs, extremely exhausted before Nick walked in and laid beside me and drifted off to sleep with me.

"Freya, stay here okay? Stay out of sight," my mother said to me.

"Mummy please don't leave me," I pleaded.

"I'll be back soon. Stay hidden until I get back," my mother said.

"I will I promise," I said.

"I love you Freya," my mother said.

"I love you too mummy," I said before watching her leave.

Another flashback comes in...

"Come with me Freya. Come my child now," my father said.

"Where's mummy?" I asked.

"Everything will be okay," my father said.

The flashback changes again...

"Mummy!" I yelled.

My final flashback...

"Where's Catelyn?" a woman asked.

"She's gone. Come on, now it's time," my father said to her.

"Is now really the time?" she asked.

"Yes. You have to do it now," my father answered.

"Okay Freya, now this won't hurt a bit," she said.

All of a sudden, I awoke to fire surrounding me. I immediately began to panic before getting out of bed and throwing my blanket over it, putting it out instantly. I then stood there shaking all over before sitting by the window and thinking about what I just saw. It scared me so much that I didn't know what else to do except be scared. I continued to shake for a while before I began to think about what I just saw. I didn't remember any of things I just saw and it immediately made me wonder whether everything I saw was just a dream. I continued to sit there before I suddenly realized that Nick was gone. He hadn't waited for me to wake up like normal, he had just let me sleep. I suddenly felt glad that he had left as otherwise he could have died just like the twins and I almost did. I then felt my stomach, holding on for dear life, so relieved that we were okay.

After some time had gone by, I finally had the courage to get up and get dressed before heading down the stairs. I then walked on before walking into the kitchen and began to help everyone make breakfast.

"Morning babe," Nick said to me as I walked before giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Morning," I said before walking over to Elena and helping her cut the meat.

Just then, Jeremy walked in...

"Is Logan still down there?" Jeremy asked.

"He hasn't sleep yet. He won't even take a break to eat," Nick said.

"Malcolm still hasn't said anything?" Jeremy asked.

"Nothing. Not a word about where he's keeping Rachel," Nick answered.

"He's stalling," Elena said as she stopped cutting the meat.

We then all stopped what we were doing and focused on Elena...

"Every minute he doesn't say anything is another minute he get's to breathe," Elena said.

Suddenly, Elena's phone began to ring.

"Is that a problem Elena?" Jeremy asked.

Elena and I exchanged looks as we saw that it was Diane before Elena said...

"No," Elena answered.

"Keeping him alive is our best option right now," Jeremy said.

Elena then stabbed the meat in frustration before saying...

"We finally have him in the cage. I want to kill him so badly," Elena said.

"As long as there's the possibility that Rachel is still alive, we have to conduct ourselves as if she is," Jeremy said.

"What about the Alpha Council?" I asked.

"Either way this has to be resolved before they get back," Jeremy answered.

"If Clay were here, he would torture it out of him," Elena said.

"Malcolm isn't swayed by pain, he enjoys it too much," Nick said.

"Everyone's afraid of something even the devil," Elena said.

After saying this, Jeremy left to go see Malcolm in the basement while we continued to make breakfast before we all began to eat it up, getting our energy for the day...