Slowly Dying

Chapter 32

Once we arrived at Clara's house, we all got out of the car and headed inside. As soon as we got in, we shortly realized that Clara was gone before we began looking around the room to do with Aleister or herself.

"Anything?" Elena asked.

"No, she'd have a basement, let's find a way down," Clay said.

Nick and I then continued to look around with Paige before we entered another room and Nick said...

"Well this is interesting," Nick said, looking at a mirror.

"Really?" I questioned.

Nick then began to look around it before he then took it off and found the basement.

"Go get Clay and Elena," Nick said to Paige.

Paige then nodded and walked off before she shortly brought them with her and we began to walk down the stairs. Once we had reached the bottom of the stairs, Paige said...

"Nothing?" Paige asked.

"You're bleeding," I said as I saw blood coming from her nose.

She then got a tissue and wiped it away before saying...

"We need to move fast," Paige said as I walked her to the bed.

"That smell," Clay said.

"It's death," Elena said.

Clay then found a glass jar on the table with a cloth over it. He immediately removed it and we all saw a skull sitting inside.

"She's mummified," Elena said.

"What did Clara do to her?" Elena asked.

"It wasn't Clara; Aleister," Paige said.

"Well whatever it was, I think they filmed it," Nick said, coming out with a camera.

Once Nick said this, we then set up the video and put it on the T.V. before we all sat around and watched it.

"It's the same thing he did to me," Clay said as we saw Clara possess a woman.

Aleister then put Clara back in her body and killed the woman.

"What are they planning?" Clay asked.

"Clara wants to possess a new body," Paige answered.

"Who survives the undoing?" I asked.

"Clara will. She's no longer a witch, Aleister's protected since he's casting the spell and Savannah because she's the conduit," Paige answered.

"But she said it would be just the two of them," Nick said.

"She wants to possess Savannah's body," I realized.

"And take over Savannah's powers," Paige said.

After she said this, Elena and Clay headed up the stairs and left us in the basement.

"There's nothing here, let's go," Paige said as she looked at a jewellery box.

"No we can't just leave, we got to find something," Nick said before looking like he was in pain.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's my eyes," Nick answered.

All of a sudden, I felt a sharp pain, filling my stomach. I then dropped to the floor on my knees before screaming...

"Argh!" I screamed in pain.

Nick then rushed to me and said...

"Kat! What is it?" Nick asked.

"Pain! I feel pain!" I cried before I suddenly felt like I was going throw up.

I then tied my hair back before I began to cough up blood.

"What is happening to her?" Nick asked Paige.

"She's dying just like the rest of us only worse for her," Paige answered.

"What do you mean worse?" Nick asked.

"Well she's pregnant with twins and she's half werewolf, half witch and it's also possible that her children could be half werewolf and half witch as well," Paige answered.

"So what will happen to her?" Nick asked.

"I have no idea. This is the first time I've heard of this case before," Paige answered.

After some time of feeling pain, all of a sudden, it stopped. I then began to wipe away the wipe with my tissue and began to let Nick and Paige hold me up.

"You okay?" Nick asked.

"I'm okay," I answered, sounding very weak.

Just then, Paige walked over to the jewellery box and said...

"It's so cold," Paige said before knocking the jewellery box down and falling onto the bed.

I then rushed to her side as quick as I could before sitting beside her with Nick. Just as this happened, we heard the door close upstairs that let us down here.

"What was that?" I asked.

We then got up and Nick rushed up the stairs while Paige and I sat at the bottom, not being able to move.

"Oh this can't be happening," Nick said.

"Nick! Kat! Paige! Can you hear me?" Elena asked.

"Yeah we hear you," Nick answered.

"Okay hold tight, we're going to find a way in," Clay said.

Nick then began to bang on the wall before turning back to us and saying...

"What the hell is going on?" Nick asked Paige as he turned back to us.

"It's a witches door. It's used for hiding spaces," Paige answered.

"Well, how do we open it?" Nick asked.

"There's usually a trigger. Something's out of place," Paige said.

She then began to look at the room before saying...

"Everything on that table. Go," Paige said to Nick.

Nick then rushed down the stairs and began to put everything back.

"I don't think I can do much more," Paige said.

"Clay and Elena will come save us alright?, it's going to be fine," Nick said.

I then got up and attempted to help before I felt a weakening in my legs.

"Nick," Paige said, trying to alert him about me.

"We'll all get out of here, I promise," Nick said.

Nick then turned to see me standing up before I dropped to the floor.

"Kat," Nick called before rushing over to me.

As I saw him rush over to me, I felt my eyes closing until all of a sudden, they were completely closed...