Chapter 11: Welcome to Hell

Start from the beginning

From behind, I felt Delano wrap his arm around me and haul me into the bedroom. "Here's the deal." He said after he closed the door. "You're going to marry me to keep your parent's safe."

I looked at him like he was crazy. And he was. If he thought I would be marrying him, he was delusional. "Before you say anything, look over there at the snow globe." I peered into the snow globe and saw the two faces I least wanted to see involved in this catastrophe. My parent's face floated up behind the flecks of drifting snow. They were chained and I could see scars marring their normally perfect face. There were skeletons with sceptres surrounding them. I closed my eyes. I couldn't take this nightmare anymore.

"Fine."

Delano looked at me with victory in his eyes. "Okay, rest up for tomorrow, because that will be the day we will be bonded to each other forever." With that he strolled out the door. I heard the lock click and I hurried to the door. I pressed my ears against the door. "Make sure she doesn't excape, and tell the tailor to come at 7am sharp." I slowly walked back to the bed, my mind numb. I fell back into the plush pillows and closed my eyes. Tears began trailing down my cheek. I wanted Aaron. Wanted his warm embrace and his comforting words. I didn't know when I drifted off, but soon I couldn't tell the difference between reality and nightmare.

***

"Aaron don't leave." I screamed at the figure that was walking further and further away. He didn't turn his head, wasn't affected by my pleas. I ran after him, but Aaron only became more distant. And then, I was intercepted by Delano. "Dear we're about to take our vows." I looked down at what I was wearing, a blood red satin dress trailed behind me. I turned around to run, but hands grasped me. I turned again to be greeted by hollowed out eyes. Delano's face had been replaced by a skull.

***

I screamed. My face drenched with sweat. I looked around and noticed a new person in my room. Must be the tailor. Maybe I can get her to talk. However, upon a closer inspection I noticed that her mouth was sewed shut, and her eyes were pale white. I stepped closer and she began to take down my measurements. In a matter of moments, she was done and scuttling out the door. Before the door could even fully close, a skeleton waiter waltzed in with what steaming food. He left with a bow and a hat lift. My stomach growled at the sight of hot food. I sat on the bed too scared to touch the food. I was recalling the myth of Persephone, a girl who had ate the pomegranate seeds of the underworld and was forced to live in hell with Hades. I wasn't going to be willingly eating, just in case the myth wasn't actually a myth.

I sat in the room debating on what I could do. There was one tiny window present and there was nothing that could be used as rope. Not mention that I was on the second floor, and the castle was surrounded by a sea of fire. I walked to the door and rattled the doorknob, trying to see if I could possible loosen it. I was becoming delirious, how could you loosen a doorknob? The doorknob fell away and the door opened. What are the odds? I raised my eyebrows. I peered into the hallway and looked both ways. The coast seemed to be clear. I made a beeline towards the stairs and ran down as fast as my legs would allow me.

I circled the foyer, wondering where Delano could be holding my parents. I turned towards the mysterious door. Might as well look down there. I walked over, and slowly began descending the stairs. The stone floor, that was slick with water, prevented me from going faster.

I pushed open the stone door at the bottom. The smell of decaying flesh was so overwhelming that tears were forced from my eyes. Torches lit the hallway and I could make out holding cells. The hallway seemed to go on forever. I decided to take my chances and go right. I looked straight ahead, too scared to look into the individual cells. Too scared about the horrors that I would discover among them. Finally, after walking for a long time, I noticed two skeleton guards in front of a cell. I knew deep in my guts that this was where Delano was holding my parents captive.

I ducked into a break in the hallway and picked up a pebble. With all my might I threw it in the opposite direction of the cell. I heard the skeleton's clickity clackity of their bones as they made their way closer to the source of the noise. Now or never Jasmine, I told myself. I ran to the cell, and the sight nearly brought me to tears. My parent's usual clean confident face was dirtied with mud and blood. Their heads hung low, as if they were in shame. Their normal attire was bloodied. Whip lashes covered their arms. I bit down to prevent screaming out loud.

"Mom, dad. I'm sorry." I sobbed out loud, too shocked to care about the voice.

"What are you doing?" I turned around and started to beat against Delano's chest. He held my arms in his iron grip. "You're coming back with me, our wedding is in 30 minutes." I struggled with all my might. Turning back to look at my parents' weakened state. "I'll be back, I promise." I shouted.

***

I was violently shoved onto the bed. "You better not try another stunt like that again." Now get into your dress. The door slammed shut as Delano stomped out. I looked at the bathtub that was inviting me to get in. I shed my clothes and stepped into the tub. The warmth easing away all the tension from my muscle. I could feel myself getting cleaner from the mud.

After I was done, I stepped into the satin wedding dress that was laid out on my bed. It fitted me snugly and showed off curves that I didn't know I had. I looked into the mirror. I didn't recognize myself. The dress flowed out behind me. The dress was simple, but elegant. If I wasn't being forced into this wedding, I think I might have enjoyed it.

A knock on the door signalled the arrival of Delano. I silently took his arm and we made our way into the foyer which had been transformed into a wedding hall. The chairs were seated with skeleton minions and they were in perfectly tailored tuxedoes. They turned their heads as we made our way down the stairs. It was a beautiful yet scary sight.

We made our way closer towards the thing that would be marrying us. The hummingbirds in my stomach were piercing me. Aaron where are you? I need you. The music began then, and we were ushered down the aisle.

"Do you Delano Mordecai take Jasmine Blakewood to be your lawfully wedded wife? To hold and cherish for all eternity?"

"I do." Delano answered smoothly.

"Wait, wait. The vow is suppose to be 'to hold and cherish, through sickness and heath 'til death do you part.'" Delano looked at me like I was the world's biggest idiot.

"Dear, you do know that once we're wedded, you'll be an immortal and my queen, and I will hold all the keys to the seven dimensions." Now I was even more confused. I opened my mouth for more questions, trying to delay the wedding, but I was silenced by Delano. "Quiet, just let us continue." I glared daggers at him. 

"Now do you Jasmine Blakewood take Delano Mordecai as lawfully wedded husband, to hold and to chierish for all eternity?"

I gazed sadly at the door before replying softly, "I do."

...

Thank you to Lost_in_A_Dream for the awesome awesome cover (: Tyy <3