Chapter 38: Mateo

After talking to Amari on the phone, my groomsmen and I all headed to a strip club. It wasn't my idea, but everybody else wanted to go. It was crowded and lots of people everywhere. Soon the lights flickered and a dancer came on stage.

We all sat down and I notice the dancer on stage just staring at me

We all sat down and I notice the dancer on stage just staring at me. Maybe she was looking behind me. The lights were flashing, so maybe I was wrong. She was dancing around, slowly, dropping her clothes.

Johawn was smiling too hard, he was pre-gaming before we even got here. He was basically already drunk. I just hope he didn't get us put out.

I was chilling with De at the bar, when I was approached by the stripper that was staring at me on the stage

"That's when I said, I don't have drawers on and I have a pocket full of ones."

"Why don't you have underwear?" This wasn't a conversation we should have in the open, but when you are tipsy, you just don't give a fuck.

"Usually Mo would have helped me but I decided to be the smart man that I am and pack my own suitcase, and I may or may not have remembered to pack some."

"When we get back to the hotel, please remember to buy some."

"I don't know I kind of like having the balls free."

"I know we are best friends and all but this is where I draw the line." He just shrugs.

"Hi, I heard you're getting married soon and your friend think I owe the happy groom a dance." I look toward where she pointed and Johawn was giving me a thumbs up.

"No thanks, I just..."

"Oh come on, it's just one dance." She was just trying to make a living, who am I to stop her hustle.

"Fine." She took me to a private room behind a curtain and started to dance.

"What's the lucky woman's name?"

"I would say I'm the lucky one, but her name is Amari."

"Awe, congrats. Wish I could find a guy like you who gushes about his fiance."