Chapter 35: Amari

I convinced Mo to bring Andre with us to the meet and greet with my parents. We all carpooled together, Mo was driving. I could tell Mateo was nervous as hell, but Andre was turnt up.

"Ayo. We back at the palace. I might have to take a picture." Then De started Milly rocking in the back seat.

"You might get shot too." Mo told him.

"Das cool, because I can start my rapping career. I can actually say I got shot, not like these other wangsters."

"How can you rap if you dead?" I look in the rear view mirror and his smile was slowly disappearing when I said that.

"Oh, y'all talking about that kind of shot, not the one like I was shot in the shoulder and survived or even like 50. Y'all talking about the one where ain't no coming back, ma got to go identify my corpse, plan a funeral kind of shot?"

"Yeah, that's if there is a body to identify, he can always stick you in acid or cut your body into little pieces." Mo said scaring him more.

"Let me out. Why the door not opening?" He beging pulling on the door handle.

"The door automatically locks when in drive."

"Then stop driving this bitch and let me out."

"Yo, stop pulling on my shit and it's too late, we here." Mo pulled up to the gate and rung us in, driving into the driveway.

"I'm staying in here." Everybody started to get out while Andre just sat in the car.

"Stop being a little bitch."

"But I'm going to be an alive little bitch. Mateo you on your own." Mateo was quiet the whole time.

"Well we going in." Mateo and I walked to the door holding hands, he was lacking behind.

"Are you okay?" I turned around and faced him.

"Not really, I'm nervous as hell. What if he decided I'm not good enough and wants to kill me because I know too much? Is it too late to back out?"

"Calm down, despite what people say about my dad, he's a giant teddy bear." I had to lie to get him to agree to come in. I know it's not good, but his nerves was on edge already. I pull him into a hug.

"Ahem." Ms. bea was standing in the door way, her arms crossed.

"Ms. Bea..." I pulled myself out Mateo embrace and fixed my clothes. Thank God it was Ms. Bea and not my dad. Mateo would have lost major points from my dad.

"Don't Ms. Bea me, out here being fast. Where is your sister?"

"She's in the car still, she'll be coming in soon." I said then gave her my brightest smile I could give.

"Mhmm. Come on in here girl." Mateo and I walked in.

"Hey, Ms. Bea, how are you?" Mateo asked Ms. bea.

"I'm fine sweetie, how are you?" She walked over and pinched Mateo's cheeks.