Chapter 34: Mateo

We sat in the car and she explained to me that she was Mafia Banks's daughter, her AND Monaé. She told me about the day we broke up and how her supposed neighbor held a gun to her and she told me her real name was Chanellica. I was shocked and a little overwhelmed.

"Mateo." She said a little above a whisper.

I got out my side of the car and walked to the other side and opened the door and she hopped out. I grabbed her in my arms and held her tight.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Trusting me. I see why it was hard to share this part, but thank you for that."

"You're welcome. I wanted to tell you so many times, but I didn't know how you would take it, but thank you for not running away." We held each other.

"You don't know how much I missed you." I begin kissing her cheek. She was giggling.

"I missed you too Teo. I hated seeing you with her." She confessed.

"Well I'm all yours now

"Well I'm all yours now."

"About that, I think we should you know, start over. I don't want to immediately jump back into a relationship, because you just got out one. I don't want to be the rebound."

"Okay, I guess, that okay." I would do anything for her.

"No sleep over..."

"Okay, I can do that."

"And no sex."

"Wait...what?"

"I think we should hold out on having sex. We are dating, you know fresh slate. Like when we first started going out."

"You do know, you made me wait 2 years. Two. Whole. Years."

"Okay."

"That's two years, Mari."

"And I said okay. You act like you never getting any again. Chill."

"Don't tell me to chill, it's..."

"Was it sex to you because that's how you acting is..."

"I waited two years, it was more than sex. If it was, I would of been walked away." I sighed.

"Teo, I promise, I will make it worth your wild." She wrapped her arms around my neck and gave me bedroom eyes.

"Fine, but I promise you once I get the green light you're going to have to learn how to walk again."

"Zamn, papi." I swear she is going to be the death of me.

"Don't do that, you know what that does to me."

"You mean, papi." I shivered.

"I'm going to leave before I renig on what I just promised." I moved her arms and started walking to the dorm again.