Chapter 27: Amari

"Bet, I'm done Amari."

"Mateo." He handed me flowers and walked away. As he did all I could do was cry. I wanted to run after him but I would have to explain everything to him and I couldn't. I had to tell my dad what was going on.

I walked in the door and walked to the window. He looked up and we stared at each other before he got in his car and drove off.

So many emotions hit me all at once. I picked up a glass cup and threw it against the door. It shattered and hit the ground.

I was so pissed that I ran to my room and grabbed my purse that had my gun and ran out the front door

I was so pissed that I ran to my room and grabbed my purse that had my gun and ran out the front door. I went next door and knocked and yelled out to Paris. I didn't hear anything back, so I grabbed the door knob and it was open, I creeped the door open and he was gone. The whole place was empty, like no one lived here. Like no furniture, nothing. I checked all the door and it was empty no clothes, not even food in the fridge or trash in the trash can.

I didn't know what was going on but I know he better be glad he wasn't here or I would have put a bullet between his eyes.

I left out the door to the front desk.

"Mark?"

"Yes, Ms. Banks?"

"What happened to the guy who lived next door?" I asked him.

"What guy? You guys didn't have a neighbor." I was confused now. I know I didn't just imagine everything.

"No, there was a Paris that lives next door to Mo and I."

"No, you guys didn't have a neighbor, I'm sure, but I can check."

"Yes, please." He nodded and started tapping on his computer.

"Nope, there wasn't a Paris on your floor or even in this building." Then who the hell was that guy.

"Okay, thanks Mark."

"Anything else Ms. Banks?"

"No that's all, thank you again Mark." I smiled at Mark and walked out, clutching my bag, because I didn't know where this Paris or whoever was. I had to be on guard. I finally reached my car, I didn't have time to wait for valet. I got in my car and sped the whole way to my parents house I had to go see my dad.

"DAD?" I said once I got in the house.

"Chanellica, what is your problem?"

"Ms. Bea, I'm sorry, but this is a urgent problem, where is my dad?"

"He's at the warehouse. I can call him."

"No, I'll call him." She nodded and I walked away to my old room and called my dad and told him it was an emergency and that he has to get home ASAP.

"What's going on?" He asked once he saw me.

I reached in my back pocket and pulled out the note and handed it to him. He read it and I saw his face turn pale.