Chapter 16: Mateo

Mari and I talked all night long about what happened. So when my alarm went off, we didn't want to get up. It was snoozed about a million times before De knocked on the door.

"Raise and shine, sweetheart." De said through the door.

I got up and went to go brush my teeth and came back she was still sleep

"Amari, get up, time for school." I shook her awake.

"I'm not going." She just flipped over in bed.

"Well text me when you get up then." I went to my closet to find some clothes.

"You going still?" I turned around and she was wide awake and looking at me.

"Yes." I grabbed a outfit and looked for my shoes.

"No, stay with me." She got off the bed and walked to the bathroom.

When she finally came back, I still going find my shoes.

"Are you going you stay with me?"

"Fine, but I can't find my shoes."

"Are these it?" She held up my shoes, the ones I couldn't find.

"Where did you find them?"

"Peaking out from under the bed." She said and tossed one to me.

"Come get your shoe

"Come get your shoe." She held up the other one. I walked towards her and she reached in her purse and pulled out a gun.

"What the hell, so you just casually have a gun in your purse." I said, getting flashback if when her brothers came over and held a gun to me.

" I said, getting flashback if when her brothers came over and held a gun to me