3.2 Meeting in the Forest 2

"Ahh! Ru- Ru Qian! Come and give me the a-antidote! AHHH! AHH!" The girl who had been stabbed in the stomach suddenly let out a scream that reached the heavens. Her blood had turned black and was now bubbling as it trickled faster and faster from her wound.

"Shut up Mu Yen. Don't distract me!" Ignoring the pleas of the dying girl Ru Qian continued to attack Ai Li Sha.

"You won't even help your friend?" Ai Li Sha was completely disgusted and doubled her efforts to try and attack instead of just defend. Just then she saw the whip Mu Yen had discarded and threw herself toward it.

"No!" Surprisingly, being in the second rank level Ru Qian could not handle Ai Li Sha! How could she let her grab a weapon.

Ai Li Sha quickly held the whip in her hand. The whip was made of several twisted ropes that came together to form a thick handle. At the tip the strings were loose, creating the effect of several hundred whips.

She had not yet practiced weapons, but she could certainly figure it out when her life depended on it.

Holding the whip, she released its might and aimed at Ru Qian's side. So long as she could cause her to become out of balance, she could find a chance.

"Uh!" the whip hitting Ru Qian's side was painful and caused her to grunt but not enough to make her loose her focus. She attacked again, this time her knife penetrated Ai Li Sha's skin and her movements became even quicker.

Again, Ai Li Sha released her whip, but this time aimed for Ru Qian's face.

"Ahh! My face! You b*tch!" Ru Qian had not expected an attack on her face, this was a low move. What woman would want to harm another woman's face?

Even if power was what ruled the continent no one would want an ugly disfigured woman? These were the thought of the vain Ru Qian.

"Shut up you mean hearted child. Even if I hurt your face you are still better off than your companion. I don't think she is even breathing anymore." Ai Li Sha scolded with a cold face. Ru Qian did not hear Ai Li Sha as she fell to her knees and lamented for her looks. She could tell the whip had been struck hard enough to leave not one but several deep imprints.

She was so upset by her face she did not even notice Mu Yen was no longer moving. Mu Yen had been screaming in the background the whole time, her voice had become hoarser and hoarser, by the end only a tiny whisper until finally her chest didn't seem to be moving any longer.

"My face, my face, my face." That was all Ru Qian kept repeating like a broken record. She was on the ground on her knees, her face between her hand as tears of rage fell from her eyes.

At this moment Mi Rai finally showed up. She had heard a commotion only at the last moment since had walked rather far away, not realizing that a little trip into the forest had put her Junior Sister into mortal danger.

"Ai Li Sha, what happened here?" She asked, noticing the two girls and the wounds on Ai Li Sha.

"Senior Sister Mi Rai, they attacked me." Ai Li Sha spread her hand out in a 'this was just the outcome' kind of gesture.

Mi Rai looked at the two girls in anger. She had brought Ai Li Sha out personally; this was the same as placing her seal of guarantee on Ai Li Sha's safety! This attack was not just against Ai Li Sha but also against her reputation as Ai Li Sha's Senior Sister!

She shuddered to think what her Senior Brother Lu would do once he found out that Ai Li Sha had been placed in danger when out and about with her.

"This will not do. We will take them back with us and have master make a judgement." She knelt next to the weeping girl and sealed her movement by pressing her pressure point, then she approached the still girl. Feeling for life she found none. She shook her head and moved away.

"Come Junior sister, let us drag this one back with us. The other one is already dead." Life was fleeting in the world of the strong, they had no ties to the other girl thus they cared not what happened to her body.