4.1 Mission in Wei Li Part 1

Ai Li Sha ran into the room. "Master, did you call?" She asked.

Grand Master Xi looked up at the little girl that had grown into a beautiful flower in just ten years time. He was happy she had grown up so healthy, but he had been a little disappointed at her progress; however, he mostly blamed Master Lu for her lack of progress. The man was just too overprotective when it came to Ai Li Sha.

Ai Li Sha had been a hard worker from day one, but practical experience was incredibly important to advancing. But no matter how Ai Li Sha had asked or demanded Master Lu refused to let her out of the Sect before she reached a rank four cultivation.

Ai Li Sha had a very stable foundation but had been stuck at level three for the last few years, so Master Lu had steadfastly denied her all liberty.

Worse she could not refute him when he said she was still weak!

"Little one. Look." Grand Master Xi passed her a letter.

Reading through it Ai Li Sha wasn't sure what Grand Master Xi wanted her to do with it.

Grand Master Xi took out a token and passed it out to her.

It was a token to enter the palace of Wei Li continent...

Ai Li Sha put to two and two together and was immediately ecstatic.

"Master are you sending me on a mission? Is it to the Palace, that's why you are giving me the token? This paper...This is my assignment right!?"

Grand Master Xi in his typical quiet manner only nodded and continued to sip tea.

Ai Li Sha jumped up and down. Finally, she would have a chance to have real practical experience! Now she could finally overcome her bottleneck and reach the fourth rank! The best part was the idea came from Grand Master Xi so Brother Lu could not say anything!

Ai Li Sha carefully put away the paper and then ran to get her things ready.

"Thank you master!" She said as she left.

Right after Ai Li Sha exited her Master's audience chamber she ran into Brother Lu right outside. Before he could say anything, she waved at him and kept on running right past him.

If she stopped now he might hold her back, and there was no way she would let him do that!

Because of her rush she failed to notice the turbulent storm in his eyes.

He immediately entered his Master's chamber and confronted him.

"Master, how can you send little Li Sha on a dangerous mission!" He practically wailed his words out. His overbearing overprotectiveness was already rearing its head.

Grand Master Xi only raised an eyebrow slightly.

"She is not ready. She has so much more to learn. She is but a budding flower that has yet to bloom. We cannot send her out into the unforgiving world without being fully prepared! I can do it instead master. How does that sound?" He pleaded and looked at his master with the most puppylike expression he could.

He had been with his master the longest of all his disciples and his personality was one that quickly endeared him to most people. He knew his master was no exception.

"Hmm." Was the only reply he heard. He immediately flipped his lid.

"Master!" For the next two hours he pleaded, he ranted, he did anything he could think of to change his Master's mind, but to no avail.

As soon as two hours passed Grand Master Xi stood up from his white chair and went to stand behind Master Lu. He then pushed Master Lu lightly until he fell into the white chair.

Grand Master Xi left the room and the dumfounded Master Lu behind without a second thought.

"Master?" Master Lu whispered this as he suddenly realized that his master meant to accompany Ai Li Sha. Immediately a wave of relief hit him. If that was the case, then Ai Li Sha would have no trouble. In the world he had never met anyone stronger than his master.

Master Lu relaxed in the chair, understanding what his master had meant by pushing him to sit on it. He prepared to take care of the other disciples in his Master's absence.