4.10 Mission in Wei Li Part 10

Ki Gongzhu's face turned even redder as she was lost for words. No one had ever said that to her before. Should she take that as a compliment?

Luckily Nanny Gu returned in that moment with the change of clothes.

"Mi-- Cousin Ai Li Sha please try on these clothes and let me know if they are to your satisfaction." Ki Gongzhu personally led Ai Li Sha to a separate room to change.

Nanny Gu had planned to stay behind to help Ai Li Sha change clothes but was waived away. Ai Li Sha did not like others getting close to her if she did not already trust them.

"These clothes are actually pretty nice!" In her hands Ai Li Sha was holding a vibrant pink dress with purple needlework. The under layer was a turquoise silk and there was even a white gauzy scarf with butterflies embroidered on it. Ai Li Sha carefully put on the clothes afraid that she might rip them if she was not careful. Suddenly she understood why high-class ladies always had servants help them change, it was for fear of ripping their expensive clothes!

Ai Li Sha went to the small circle mirror on the vanity in the room and tried to see as much of herself as she could. It was too small to really tell but she was sure she looked good. The Little Ai Li Sha had been such a cute child there was no way that she didn't look quite beautiful now. It was too bad that mirrors were rare in this world and only the very rich could really afford them.

Ai Li Sha exited the room and went to find the princess.

"Cousin Reina, thank you for the clothes. They are quite pretty. Now, where are the snacks your brother mentioned?" Ai Li Sha looked around the room but saw nothing.

Princess Ki Reina looked down guiltily.

"To tell the truth, usually there would be more snacks here but today it seems a little squirrel or some other animal came by while the snacks were cooling. They ate most of them and what I brought to you earlier was all that was left." Ki Gongzhu very abashedly answered Ai Li Sha, she really was sorry she could not produce more delicacies for her important guest.

Ai Li Sha's lip twitched. She thought she knew a little something about that.

"No matter Princess, your brother praised your skills earlier so I am sure you should have no problem making new ones." Ai Li Sha very brightly replied.

Nanny Gu was standing off to the side frowned as she watched her esteemed princess being treated similarly to a servant.

But Ki Gongzhu thought differently. "Oh yes. We can go now if you would like. I could make something simple first while I make a cake. Is that alright." Ki Gongzhu finally looked up. Her bright almond shaped eyes practically glowed in happiness. She was quite touched when someone enjoyed her creation. Her pastries were the only thing that distracted her when she was feeling sad. It seemed she could always smile again once she made another batch of her pastries. She had been quite down ever since her father had been poisoned via one of her pastries and she had been so heart broken by her father's declining health since then. Now that Ai Li Sha had arrived it would seem she would be kept busy with her pastries which should keep her mood quite high.

"Sure, let's go!" Ai Li Sha immediately jumped up and led the way as if she were the host. Her direction was straight toward the little kitchen she had pilfered from earlier.

"Cousin Ai Li Sha, how did you know this is the kitchen I usually use?" Ki Gongzhu asked genuinely puzzled.

Ai Li Sha froze. She thought quickly and then turned with a sagely look on her face.

"Master has taught us to always know our surroundings. Earlier before I met your brother, I checked around the area and I noticed this kitchen is the closest to your palace. So, I naturally brought you here." Ai Li Sha lied through her teeth and the princess could only believe her since the explanation was viable.

However, Ai Li Sha did not know the sweet princess was so gullible so she proceeded to distract her. "Oh! I just remembered I have to set up some traps before we go any further."

Before Ki Gongzhu could say anything more Ai Li Sha left as fast as the wind back to the little cabin.

Once there she took her duty seriously and set up a few arrays and many traps for any unwary assassin to trigger. Just fifteen minutes later she returned to the kitchen.

Ki Gongzhu was waiting there while wringing her hands. She had not followed Ai Li Sha so as not to disturb her work, but that only meant that those fifteen minutes had been a great time for her to stress over her many worries. "Li-- C-cousin Ai Li Sha, will just a few traps really be enough?"

Ai Li Sha smiled and curled her arm around Ki Gongzhu's shoulders. 

"Don't worry, even if I am not the best fighter in the world no one would dare call themselves number one at array arranging of trap making if I chose to call myself number two!" Ai Li Sha tooted her own horn and led the little princess to the kitchen where she spend an afternoon inhaling delicious things.