3. Useless Disciple

This story is my baby right now so please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Serena12195

___________________________________________

In a grassy field of green and yellow stood two lonesome people. One was tall, rigid, and cold the other was small and delicate.

"Gather the energy around you, focus it on your belly and expel it through your hands!" A pale man in a long blue outfit with large sleeves spoke fiercely.

The little girl looked at him with trepidation and tried to comply. Her movements were clumsy, and her face was sweaty from the exertion, but in her eyes, within the fear, one could a need to survive, to win!

But intentions are not the same as talent and ability, despite her efforts no energy converged on the little girl's open palms. This had been the case for several months already.

"More force!" The man repeated himself in frustration as he saw the small girl once more fail to meet his expectations.

The little girl swallowed loudly. "Yes, M-Master!" The little girl replied as tears of frustration filled her eyes. Once more she closed her eyes and tried to lead the energy around her into her stomach and out through her hands.

But the attempt was futile. Any energy she called forth dispersed before it could enter her body.

The man's mouth shook at the girl's inability to perform to his expectation. "Useless!" The man waved his sleeves in anger and disappointment. Placing his hands behind his back the man gave one last shake of his head as he looked at the girl in front of him, from his expression it almost seemed like he was looking at a worm. The disgust was plainly there, and the little girl couldn't help feeling her legs turn into mush, if her master gave up on her... she couldn't even bare to think of the repercussions!

She trembled, her expression looked like the world had ended, such despair was not normally seen on such a young face.

The man noticed her worries but had no consideration for her as he turned away and showed her his back.

The little girl fell to her knees and tears fell freely from her eyes as she clasped her small hands in front of herself. It was all over. Over. Her chance was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clarissa opened her eyes slowly. Her expression was one full of compassion for the little girl, but she knew it had only been a dream ... a very strange dream. Shaking her head, she sent away the remains of her dream and slowly got out of her bed.

Sitting on the corner of the bed Clarissa stared off into space. Two days previous she had received notice of her plans coming to fruition. Soon she would know who was behind the murders of her parents. Today she would be receiving the reports she had been anticipating for six months. From the day her parents died, once she recovered her reason, she had been planning how to seek her revenge, soon she would have it.

Standing up Clarissa went to her closet and pulled on the first outfit she found. Leaving the house, she got into her truck and drove away.

Today would be a day of reckoning.

The old woman once more appeared from thin air, and from the front porch watched the tail lights of the large truck fade away as the vehicle made a turn. Her face had a little smirk on it and her eyes had an unexplainable sheen. "Peculiar." She said as her lips curled up into a toothy smile. Her cackling filled the air as the red smoke signature to her once more appeared around her.

If anyone had passed by at that moment they would have died from fright at seeing such an ugly woman with such a demonic expression on her face.