4.2 Mission in Wei Li Part 2

In the large opulent palace of the Emperor of Wei Li Continent it would be expected to find many buildings, much wealth, lots of servants, and tons of beauties. No one however would expect to find a small secluded cabin.

Even more unexpected would be to find out that the current Emperor of Wei Li Continent would be confined in said cabin.

'Huhuhu' Inside of the cabin a young woman cried pitifully as she kneeled down in front of a sleeping man.

"Royal Father." Every so often in the middle of her cries she would say those words as if pleading for the man to wake up.

The cabin door quietly opened when a servant pushed it.

"Gongzhu, we must go." The servant looked very anxious as she wrung her hands. They had already been at the cabin for more than thirty minutes. If anyone found the cabin as a result of their actions.... The servant paled as she thought of the repercussions.

"I understand Nanny Gu." Princess Ki Reina shakily stood up. She had knelt so long that her legs had already fallen asleep. She used Nanny Gu's shoulder for support and the two returned to her palace as quickly as they could.

When Reina Gongzhu entered her living quarters, she was surprised that her older brother had once again come in unannounced. He was sitting down in her bedroom and drinking some tea as if he was the rightful owner of her room. She was not apprehensive after seeing him nor did she care how inappropriate it was that he had come into her room despite both of them being of opposite genders, instead she was excited.

Her shiny black hair fell around her in a curtain as she knelt down in front of him and took his hands.

She tilted her face up and looked at him very worriedly but with great expectation.

Crown Prince Oji looked at his sister and closed his eyes. He did not want to tell her that he had failed. It would break his kind sister's heart.

Seeing him close his eyes like that Reina Gongzhu' s head fell low. She did not need to hear him say that he had not succeeded, she could see it in his attitude.

She again though of her father and tears threatened to rain down from her already swollen red eyes.

If they could not get the secret medicine, then before long their beloved father would no longer be part of this cruel world. Perhaps it was meant to be that he would pass on, at least then he would not have to suffer from all the plots that were constantly plaguing them in this big treacherous palace.

Reina Gongzhu felt movement and realized that her brother was standing up. She put out her hand and her brother took it, helping her to stand up.

"Brother, what are we going to do?" She dared not look for him for fear that she might make him feel guiltier than he already did.

"There is not much else we can do. The medicine was not something I could find; our last hope is Grand Master Xi." Crown Prince Oji sighed loudly. Many years before his father had been taught by the righteous Grand Master Xi, that was before he had become the emperor, at which point he had given up the life of a cultivator to become the ruler of a country. Before he estranged himself from the cultivation world Grand Master Xi had offered his esteemed father a gift. He had offered him one single favor. His esteemed father had greatly appreciated his teacher and had not used that favor, but now they had no choice.

"He is likely going to arrive tomorrow or the day after. I have already sent secret guards to escort him into the palace secretly." Crown Prince Oji explained and tried to keep that last light of hope in his sister's heart and his own from extinguishing.