9. Punishing the Bad Guy

Haven't felt like drawing recently.-_-

Enjoy the new chapter.

Don't forget to check out my other works. ~0~

Serena12195

__________________

Grand Master Xi looked at the child for what seemed like the hundredth time and furrowed his brows slightly. He had seen when the girl had taken a deep breath and then fainted away again. He had seen people before who had that reaction, those people ultimately did not survive the injury they sustained. In his mind he already knew the little girl was beyond saving. A flame of anger was lit in his eyes both for the young girl and for Master Lu who would certainly be hurt if the young miss died.

Looking down at Master Ren he took a few steps forward. "Young Ren, you were once my disciple. I treated you like my own son, yet you turned away from the right path, but I have never been as disappointed as I am today." Having said these words Grand master Xi no longer looked at the man and instead turned his gaze away.

Master Lu walked over to Master Ren and quietly sighed in exasperation as he signaled for him to get up. "Stand." He said.

Master Ren understood that Master Lu's words were the same as Grand Master Xi's so he quickly stood up and faced the two men. His face was pallid from the realization that something was very wrong. " Grand Master Xi, this ex-disciple still respects you and would like to know what has angered you so." He said as he bowed deeply to Grand Master Xi.

Grand Master Xi finally moved aside and let Master Ren have a clear look at the little miss in the bed. " This Child." Grand Master Xi shook his head once as he said those words. He then looked to Master Lu, a tight expression on his wrinkled mouth.

Master Lu understood his master was too angry to speak anymore so he continued on from there.

"Master is very displeased, that you have allowed a child under you to be hurt to the point their life was placed in mortal danger. Currently your life is depending on her living." Master Lu explained succinctly with fisted hands and narrowed eyes.

Master Ren looked at them bewildered.

What did that mean? Craning his head forward slightly he looked a little more closely at the little girl and realized it was the little imp he had picked up from the streets. He had tried to teach her, but she was completely useless at cultivation, so he had left her at the mercy of the other disciples. The unfortunate part was that Grand Master Xi had become involved.

Master Ren immediately fell to his knees, cold sweat was already forming on his back. Even if he did not care about the little girl's condition what mattered was that Grand Master Xi did!

The relationship between Master and Ex-disciple was already quite difficult and strained, now it could only get worse. It was no secret that the hard to get close to and aloof Grand Master Xi had an incredibly soft spot for children. Everyone knew that Grand Master Xi regarded children as soft and breakable little creatures that needed love and affection. Normally Grand Master Xi was very close mouthed and stoic faced, but his small changes in expression and his many words today clearly showed he was extremely upset!

Knocking his head on the ground Master Ren tried to apologize to Grand Master Xi. "Grand Master! Please forgive me, but I assure you I had no idea of this matter. I will immediately take this child and personally nurse her back to health!" Master Ren continued knocking his head on the ground as he apologized. If he failed and the apology was not accepted Grand Master Xi needed only to say one word to cause an end to his small life.

Neither Grand Master Xi nor Master Lu felt any pity for the man who had knocked his head to the point of being bloody. That last bit of love Grand Master Xi felt for Master Ren disappeared when he had seen the beaten-up state of the little miss. Master Lu on the other hand had never liked the underhanded Master Ren.

Theirs was a righteous clan yet Master Ren had broken away and turned to becoming an assassin. Such a thing was completely unacceptable and completely against what the Hana Hana sect stood for.

Rather than pity Grand Master Xi's eyes flashed in irritation. He had given one last chance to Master Ren hoping he would repent but clearly there was no remorse in the man's heart. Had he apologized to the right person perhaps he would have given Master Ren just a bit of leeway. "No need." Grand Master Xi said, he had already made a decision.

Grand Master Xi again looked to Master Lu.

Master Lu raised an eyebrow and nodded solemnly. Taking a step forward he left no chance for Master Ren to even have an inkling as to what he was about to do. Master Lu quickly extended his palm in a claw like shape and hit master Ren twice, once in the middle abdomen and once right below the heart.

Master Ren inhaled deeply and then fell backwards as his body lost all strength. "W-what have you done!" Master Ren yelled in anger.

"You have done nothing but disappoint master, now you are a trash who can no longer cultivate. This is your punishment for betraying our master and for letting this child be hurt so badly. If she survives you will keep your live otherwise prepare yourself!" Master Lu explained.

Feeling there was nothing more to lose Master Ren lunged forward and tried to grab at Master Lu but master Lu simply extended his aura and within less than a second Master Ren was pressed on the floor. Without his own powers Master Ren was no better than an ant.

Master Ren paled as the power continued to press down on him. He wanted to swear and curse but even that was too much of an ordeal.

Master Lu stared at Master Ren with a cold look. "You may leave, Master will take charge of this child and raise her himself. Do not forget what I said." Master Lu dismissed Master Ren with a wave of the hand. This wave however was not just a gesture, it was infused with a bit of his power, which caused a heavy wind that threw Master Ren out of his own room.

All that was heard was a soft grunt as Master Lu landed outside.