4.5 Mission in Wei Li Part 5

Ai Li Sha continued her search and she finally spotted Grand Master Xi.

"Master!" She ran to up to her master smiling brightly. The little girl once so adorable had been blessed and turned into a maiden others would die for with one look. If she had smiled so lovingly at anyone else they would have fallen in love right there, regardless of gender or age.

Fortunately, Grand Master Xi had no ideas other than the most innocent about Ai Li Sha, but he still remembered her as an adorable little girl so he could not stop himself from reaching out and petting her on the head in a doting manner.

Ai Li Sha smiled even brighter and her tensed shoulders loosened. He was not mad at her for getting lost, that was good.

In fact, Grand Master Xi had no idea she was lost and only thought she had been playing now that Lu Tian had let off the tight leash.

At that moment Crown Prince Oji arrived. He had sent the eunuch earlier to escort the Grand Master to the backyard behind the cabin where his father had been moved to. Right now, they stood under a beautiful cherry blossom tree that rustled every so often in the wind. The tree provided the perfect cover for them, it was so large that it was nearly impossible to spot them there, under its shadow. This amount of secrecy was necessary due to the situation at hand.

"Grand Master Xi." He came forward and bowed. He was very respectful, bowing at a perfect ninety-degree angle with a straight back.

His father had told him long ago that there was nothing more this master hated then people who did not know how to properly appreciate the grace of others or people who were disrespectful to their elders. In light of that he dared not skip any respectful gesture, especially when he needed Grand Master Xi's help.

Grand Master Xi looked at the young man dressed in silken robes and his face changed slightly in surprise.

This child looked very much like the Emperor had in his youth. He realized almost right away that this must be Emperor Ou's own son.

"Hmm." He was kind enough to issue a word in response to the young prince and from there he even took the trouble to nudge Ai Li Sha forward slightly.

Ai Li Sha took the hint and bowed a little grudgingly. She did not know this man, so she did not know if he truly deserved her respect thus her bow was not really a true one.

"Young sir, I am Ai Li Sha. You Already know my Master, but you will have to pardon our manners as we do not know who you are." Ai Li Sha in one breath introduced herself and inquired into the identity of the youth.

Her discerning eyes, well trained by Master Lu, were already taking in all the details they could about the youth and she too could already guess who he was.

He was young, maybe eighteen or nineteen. He was slim but his skin was vibrant, so he had a good diet. His clothing did not have any pattern on it, but it was clearly made from expensive silks that only the royal family could afford. His face was good looking, a high nose, thin lips, proud brows, bright eyes. Yes, this was the face of someone who had power and a future where he would need to use it.

"Pardon my rudeness Miss Ai Li Sha, I am Crown Prince Oji. I am the one who sent the letter and the tally on behalf of my father.

Ai Li Sha nodded. "Your letter was rather vague, could you please be more clear about what you need exactly?"

Prince Oji frowned slightly. This young lady was rather abrupt and to the point. Most people would exchange pleasantries with him for an extended period before they got to the point, but as he was also in a bit of a hurry he let it be.