10. Who Are You Guys

Hello,

do enjoy the new chapter.

Don't forget to leave feedback ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Please check out my other works - 'The Angel' is finishing up next week so take a look!

~Serena12195

*_________________________________________________*

Under Grand Master Xi's care, the young girl was able to recover from her heavy beating quite quickly. In only three days' time the young girl recovered to her original smooth and rosy childish skin tone.

On the fourth day, the girl opened her eyes and looked at her surroundings with a profoundly confused look.

'Where is this?' Thought Clarissa. She was alone in a lavishly decorated room which seemed vaguely familiar to her. She slowly stepped out of the bed and looked around.

Suddenly dizziness overtook her, and she fell to her knees. Heaving heavily she recalled her own last moments. In a fit of panic, she clawed at her neck trying to remove the tightening hands no longer suffocating her. Even so, she could still feel the pain of her neck being squeezed by the old woman. She recalled the despair of knowing that her life was seeping out and she could do nothing to stop it.

Her heavy breathing calmed down slowly, her mind cleared too. When she could focus again she finally noticed her hands. They were teeny tiny, they were the hands of a little child.

Her face paled completely.

"What is this?" She disbelievingly looked at her hands and shook them. Then she ran around the room looking for a mirror. She found none, but she did find a silver plate. She stared at the blurry reflection on it and her expression fell.

"This cannot be!" The blurry reflection was of the little girl she had been seeing in her dreams.

"What does this even mean?" She asked quietly to no one in particular.

"I believe this is called 'transmigration' in your world." From behind her an old woman's crackly voice sounded.

Clarissa turned around, her hands encircling her neck to protect it. That elderly voice, that terrifying voice she knew it.

Fear had been her first reaction, but immediately after, the fear was eclipsed with righteous indignation and hatred. "You!" She exclaimed and ran toward the old woman, completely forgetting that she was now in the body of a small child.

The old woman cackled and easily dodged the young girl.

"Now now, little girl. I brought you here for a reason. Hehehe" The old woman laughed and then disappeared into thin air.

Clarissa breathed heavily as she looked around trying to find the old woman.

'Argh!' Frustrated Carissa stomped her foot several times in ager. Right then and there she vowed she would someday find that old woman and give her what she was due!

After some time, she reigned in her complex feelings and turned around, searching for a way out of the room she was inside.

She found the exit moments later, and in her haste, she ran right into a white figure.

She fell back on her butt and rubbed her nose with her little hand.

'Oww' She could not hold back the exclamation of pain. Her current body was rather tender and weak, so when she looked up pools of pain were reflected in her dark eyes.

Seeing an old man in front of her she immediately got up and apologized profusely.

"I am so very sorry, are you alright? I did not mean to hit you." She looked at the old man worriedly.

Grand Master Xi looked at the girl with a pleased twinkle in his eyes. "Fine." He said speaking to her as he tilted his head to the side.

Master Lu appeared from behind his master and blinked twice in surprise "Little girl are you feeling better?" He inquired.

At first Clarissa did not realize he was talking to her, in her mind she was a young woman, by no means was she a 'little girl'; however, when his stare did not move from her for a few moments she finally remembered that right at that moment she was inhabiting the body of a young little miss.

"I am quite fine." She replied.

"Very good." Master Lu came forward with a smile on his face and patted the young girl on her head.

Master Lu missed the bewildered angry expression on Clarissa's face and once more turned to Grand Master Xi. "Master, is it now time to leave?" They had originally only intended to stay for one day or two at most. Their purpose was only to complete their mission: Find the murderous rapists running rampant through the mountains. They had not factored for finding a little miss in dire straits, as a result, they had dragged out their trip for days longer than expected.

"Hmm." Grand Master Xi gave his consent and Master Lu immediately grabbed Clarissa's little hand ready to follow Grand Master Xi.

Clarissa refused to be dragged along. "Wait a minute. Let go!" Clarissa shook off the man's hand and looked at the two with distrust in her eyes.

She was normally very kind to the elderly, as she had been taught to be so, but that did not mean she would blindly follow people she did not know.

"Who are you guys, where are you trying to take me?" She retreated a few steps back, so she would have room to run if she needed it.