2.1 Holding Hands

I finished this earlier then I thought!!!!

Cang Xi's story is completed---

Check out Beloved Seer---- Now has 32 chapters!!!!!!

Take a look--

Feedback~~~

Take a look at my other stories =)

Serena12195

___________________________

As Clarissa walked next to Master Lu she quietly tried to get familiar with her body.

Slowly she flexed her hands and touched her face. She took careful steps then faster steps. It was all so strange, being a child again was so mystical.

Within a few moments she realized her new problem, she had no idea who the little girl was. Not even her name!

Luckily no one had asked her anything about herself thus far, if they did she certainly would not be able to answer. At least not if they wanted to hear about her current host.

For now, she could tell she was young, probably around 6-8 years old. She could tell she was very cute, she knew that thanks to her dreams. In fact, she looked a lot like she did when she had been a child herself. She also could understand the language, even though it was not English. Aside from that, she did not know where she was, why she was there, and most depressingly she had no idea how to get back to her own life.

Clarissa felt a sudden weight on her shoulder, startling her out of her thought. "Eh?" she exclaimed in surprise. She turned her head only to be smothered in fur.

Next to her Master Lu dissolved into laughter. Clarissa was in no mood to joke around, especially when she was so unsure of everything! She huffed and pulled the furry thing from her shoulder and held it up in front of herself.

It was the little rabbit-like animal that had led Master Lu to her originally. "Don't be mad, it's your life savior. He led Master and I to your side, we would not have seen you if not for him." He said reaching out to fluff the animal's fur.

Clarissa stared at the animal. "This little thing?" She asked in disbelief. The rabbit looked so innocent and unintelligent.

"Yes. It must really like you. Master said these little critters are actually very rare and don't usually appear in front of humans. It's a Minri Rabbit." It was so rare that even he had never seen one and Grand Master Xi had only seen two in his lifetime.

"Oh." Clarissa held on to the Minri Rabbit a little more gently. "Then, thank you little guy." She said gratefully.

"Why is it rare?" She asked next.

Master Lu smiled mischievously. "I will tell you if you hold my hand~" He said. Earlier he had held her hand, but she had shaken it off very quickly. He had been slightly hurt by that and that hurt had compounded every time she refused him thereafter.

Clarissa frowned. Even though she had accepted these two men as her companions and friends, she still didn't want to hold hands. It was too intimate an action. More importantly, she just knew this man was too sticky. The moment she gave him a foot he would want a mile. 

Unfortunately, she had underestimated a certain young man's persistence and shamelessness. The entire way Master Lu had been trying to either pick her up or hold her hand, it was very annoying! Eventually, she would give in, Clarissa knew the time invested refusing would not be worth it... so she might as well profit a little from giving in. "Alright, I agree."

Master Lu's pearly smile was so wide it almost stretched off his face. He wasted no time taking her hand. He had won the first battle!

"The Minri Rabbit is rare because they don't reproduce. The first Minris in existence are the ones alive now. They are the perfect conduit to the natural energies we as cultivators use to grow in strength. If this Minri agrees to be your spirit animal, you would be doing twice the cultivation with half the effort. Even though this Minri is not a fighter, other animals, no matter how powerful, naturally flock around it to protect it. The reason behind that no one really knows. Basically, with this little guy by your side you would be able to achieve great heights of power and other spirit animals would not try to harm you but rather help you." Clarissa looked down at the little rabbit in her hands and simply could not fathom how it could be that special. It looked almost like a pet rabbit. Who would have thought it was so awe-inspiring?

"Little rabbit," she held the Minri at arm's length. "Are you willing to be this so called spirit pet?" She asked. She had no idea what a spirit pet was, but it boasted quite a few perks.

The Minri's nose twitched, then without warning it bit Clarissa's thumb. "Ah!" Clarissa yelped and almost dropped the Minri. 

Master Lu immediately knocked the Minri away and covered her finger with a handkerchief. "Little sister, are you alright?" He asked as he pressed on the wound.

Clarissa nodded and then looked at the Minri accusingly.

"Don't frown at me, you wanted to be bonded to me!" A nasal voice echoed in Clarissa's mind. Clarissa looked around but saw no one else.

The Minri jumped up and nipped another of her fingers. "I am the one talking to you!" The voice resounded in her mind again.

Clarissa's mouth dropped open.

"Wha-" she had no idea what to say. An animal was talking to her! 'I'm crazy!' she finally thought. 'I'm not actually here, I'm just dreaming, a very weird and bad dream.' The human mind can only deal with so much, this was Clarissa's tipping point so she wrote everything off immediately as a dream.

The Minri's eyes flashed in irritation as he though that his new master was slightly stupid. "Not crazy, this is the spirit bond. From now on you and I will always be able to understand each other. We entered into a mutual contract. I can help you with your cultivation and you will take care of me." The Minri's tone almost sounded like an order.

"A contract?" Clarissa finally calmed down. A contract she could understand, after all her background was the pampered young miss of a business empire. Everything still sounded insane to her, but at least the idea of something she was familiar with successfully calmed her.

"Yes. You are far too slow. I'm going to hunt, if I return and you are still so dumb I will abandon you! You better have a feast for me when I come back!" The Minri hopped away as he wiggled his tail. Within seconds its fast speed had made it disappear from Clarissa's view.

Clarissa snapped out of it and tried to follow only to be tugged back by Master Lu.

"Let it go, the Minris are incredibly fast, you won't find it in this lifetime if it does not want to be found. Later if you really need it you can use your spirit bond to call it." He pulled Clarissa's hand an walked fast. They needed to move quickly to catch up to Grand Master Xi.

The distance they were going to travel was not small, it would take a few days of walking before they reached a city, so Clarissa allowed Master Lu to carry her when she got tired. No sense in being tired when one didn't have to be.

While in his arms Clarissa focused on trying to process everything that had happened before she had a meltdown, but who in their right mind could keep sane when they were being stared at for several hours by an extremely handsome young man with puppy dog eyes? Well, she could. But she could not keep her cool when the same young man kept tugging at her sleeve and chittering at her for hours. The chattering she could take, but he kept disturbing her peace with every tug of her sleeve. This man needed too much attention!

She just knew it, an inch would turn into a mile!

For the sake of her sanity she finally gave in and held out her tender little hand in front of his face.